Chapter Thirty-Three: Chae-rin

All day today I put up a front like I wasn't bothered by our stupid fight. I wanted him to think that I was going to be a cold bitch. I wanted to be indifferent because he hates that the most. But look at me now. I don't want to fight anymore and the fact that I'm going to cry about it is making me feel like an idiot.

Namjoon hears me sniffle and he turns around immediately. He rushes over to me, not like there was much space between us anyway, and asks what's wrong. The tears gush down my cheek and he eventually pulls me in for a hug. I've missed him all day today. I get what he meant earlier when he said he misses me. Even though we were together, we really weren't. We were so busy being petty that we didn't even enjoy each other's company.

"Listen, we need to talk. I want to clear the air from yesterday, okay?" Namjoon says to me while he holds me in his arms.

I nod against his chest and he moves us to the sofa. He lets me go and continues to wipe my face with his thumb. He's so caring and loving. I am lucky to have him as my best friend... I know that yesterday he meant well with what he said. It's just...I was sensitive and it didn't sit well with me.

"I'm sorry," he says to me. "I didn't mean to make what you experience yesterday insignificant. I was just...I guess, well Jungkook says I was jealous, but I think it was more me being protective. I don't want you to get hurt again by him... I saw how sad you were and I don't ever want to see you like that again. So, I went overboard and jumped to conclusions, which I shouldn't have done." He rubs the back of my hand with his thumb. "I'm sorry, Chae-rin."

Jealous? Was he? "I'm sorry too," I mumble through my sobs. "I shouldn't have thrown what Ae-ra did at you like that. I was just so mad because I thought you, of all people, would understand where I was coming from. I realized how low that was and a shitty thing to do. I didn't mean to hurt you."

He lets out a long sigh and then gazes into my eyes softly. For a few seconds, we just sit like this, reading each other. "Does this mean we're done fighting?" There's a small smile on his lips as he says this. "Because I hate when we fight. I feel so distant and I've missed you all day today."

It's like he read my mind because I've missed him too. I nod and wipe my eyes. "Yes."

Before I can say anything more, he pulls me in and wraps his arms around me. I let out a small laugh as he gently pushes me down so that he is laying on top of me. He rests his head against my chest, his arms wrapped around me, one leg on the other side of mine and another nestled in between my thighs. I run my fingers through his hair and I can feel him smiling.

"Today," he says, "all I could think about was how I hated the distance between us. And, of course, how beautiful you looked." He lifts his head from my chest to smile down at me.

"What?" I raise my brow at him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I want to kiss you," he tells me.

My heart does flips in my chest and I'm glad he's not pressed against me anymore. He'd definitely hear how my heartbeat picked up.

"Can I kiss you?" His eyes are big and round filled with an emotion that I can't quite read. Then, I see his dimples appear as his smile widens.

"You've never asked before," I say to him.

"I know, but I figured-"

"You can kiss me," I cut him off.

He shows me his teethy smile, the one that I love, before he leans down to kiss me softly. His lips meet mine and I melt into him. His hand caresses my arm before he lightly strokes my chin with his thumb. I pull him closer to me until our bodies are pressed against one another again and his tongue lightly plays with mine as he explores my mouth. He pulls away and the routine kisses come. The forehead, the tip of my nose and a peck on the lips before he pulls me up, sitting.