Chapter Four: Namjoon

Chae-rin looks pretty tonight. She doesn't look like a crazy person. Her dress looks nice, it fits her perfectly. Her hair is curled and styled nicely and her make-up looks good. It's been a while since I've last seen her dressed up. Normally, well, she's in her sweatpants or just normal clothes. But, she looks pretty like that too. She sits beside me and has a conversation with the guys. Eventually, Eun-ha finds her and she joins us too. It's like the whole gang is here...

Drinking my beer in silence, listening to what they're talking about, I spot a familiar face. I have to do a double-take because there's no way Ae-ra is actually here. Right? But she is! It's her! I would know her face anywhere! She's wearing a black mini dress, her hair is in a high ponytail, her long legs looking so gorgeous, her make-up just enough to accentuate her already beautiful features. Holy shit...

"What's wrong?" Chae-rin leans into me, nudging my side.

"She's here," is all I can manage to get out. I can't believe Ae-ra is here... Is this a sign? Maybe I should go talk to her?

"What? Who? What are you talking about?"

"Ae-ra, she's here. She's right there." I point to my ex-girlfriend. "Should I talk to her? Fuck. What do I do?" I look at Chae-rin, who is staring at Ae-ra.

"Um, I don't know. Yes? Go talk to her." She moves out of the booth and the other three barely notice anything.

"What do I say?" I hiss, nervously.

"I don't know? Just talk to her! Go." She pushes me, and let me tell you, though Chae-rin is small (she is a lot shorter than Ae-ra), she is strong.

I stumble forward and I have to brace myself before I make my way to Ae-ra. She looks uncomfortable standing here on the side. She holds the side of her waist and looks around, as if she's waiting for someone. Oh god, is she here with another man? If she is, I don't know what I'd do...

Before I know it, I'm calling her name. Her head snaps up and she looks confused to see me. "Hi," I say to her.

"Um, hi," she tells me.

"Are you okay? You look...lost." I really, really hate talking at a club. What is the point? It's so fucking loud in here, but here I am trying my best to speak with my ex-girlfriend.

"Yeah," she smiles softly, "I'm okay. I'm just waiting for So-min and Hae-ri. They went to get some drinks."

"Ah, okay..." This is awkward as fuck. I don't know what to say to her. My heart is pounding in my chest as I observe her. My heart twists in my chest and I want to hold her. I miss her so much. "Ae-ra-"

"Joonie-"

We both stop and smile awkwardly at one another. "Go ahead," I tell her. "You go first."

"Um, I just wanted to ask how you are doing," she mumbles.

How am I doing? I'm doing horrible, Ae-ra. I feel like crawling up in bed all day to do nothing but think about us. I feel like shit. Of course, I can't tell her this... "I'm okay," I lie. "How about you?"

"I'm alright," she tells me. "I've been going on some dates and just having a good time."

Dates?! My heart literally feels like it's been ripped out of my chest. I have to take a deep breath in to even out my breathing. She's over me? Already? So quickly? How...what? So, tell me why when I look at her, her eyes are on the ground instead?

"O-oh," I gulp. "T-that sounds-"

"There you are! I was looking for you!" Chae-rin walks over, wraps her arms around my waist, hugging me and pressing herself into my chest.