Chapter Ten: Namjoon

"What took you so long?" Jin hyung says and I turn my head to see he is talking to Jimin. "I wanted to get pictures with everyone!"

"Oh, I just ran into someone," Jimin smiles. "But I'm here now. Let's start."

It's kind of funny how this group all came together. Jin, Jimin and Hoseok all know each other from college. Hoseok, Yoongi (who was invited but did not want to join), and I all know each other because we were a part of the underground hip hop and rap scene when we were teens. Taehyung and I met randomly at a bar and became friends. Jungkook was friends with Chae-rin first who she ended up bringing into the circle. Somehow, we all managed to meet and regardless of how long we've met, who brought us together, we all seem to really enjoy each other's company and genuinely all get along.

"Who did you run into?" Hoseok asks.

"No one important," Jimin shrugs.

That's the last thing he says before the photographer starts taking photos of us. I didn't realize that being friends with Jin hyung would result in us having these photos taken. For what reason would he need these professional photos for? Plus, we're missing Yoongi hyung.

"Hyung," Taehyung whispers to me, startling me from the abruptness.

"What?"

"Jimin ran into Chae-rin."

"And?"

"You know how his mouth is," Taehyung clarifies. "He might've mentioned yours and her relationship, you know since his twin sister is your ex."

"He wouldn't say anything hurtful to her," I reply. "Right?" Taehyung just gives me this look and fuck, he's right. "Okay, I'm going to go look for her."

I do return to the place I left her, but she's not there. I scan the venue and I don't see her, but I do see a pathway that goes somewhere else. I know her and I could imagine if Jimin confronted her, one of two things could have transpired. One, she exploded on him with her potty mouth. Given that Jimin had such a smug smile when he came, I don't think so. Two, she stood there and let him say whatever he said and just smiled through it even though she was wanting to explode.

There she is. The light blue pantsuit stands out against the colorful variation of green. She's just sitting there, staring at the pond. I wonder if she's trying to wind down or if she's just trying to enjoy her time since she has to go back to school and work tomorrow. I know she hates Sundays because it means that it's time to start the week again.

"There you are! I was looking for you everywhere!" She slightly turns her head and greets me with a soft smile. I take a seat next to her and ask her what happened, hoping she'll tell me first. And she does.

After half an hour of her telling me everything, I feel bad. Freaking Jimin... Why does he have to be like that? He doesn't even realize how lucky he was that Chae-rin didn't go off on him. I'm a little reluctant to return back to the party, but we kind of have to. Though, I am proud of Chae-rin for acting with such grace. It probably wasn't easy for her, but I appreciate that she didn't cause a scene. Look at her growing up. I even tease her about it.

Chae-rin wants a photo of herself, but I have a better idea. A couple photo to launch on social media declaring that we are, in fact, a couple. She seems skeptical at first, but I somehow convince her. The first few photos look too normal. It looks like every other photo we have with each other. So, I tell her to stay still. I turn to face her, my nose lightly brushing against her jaw. She smells good. She smells like water lilies and a hint of apple blossom.

As soon as we return to our little group, Jungkook and Chae-rin engage in a conversation while I scan the area for Jimin. I need to have a conversation with him about the little incident he had with Chae-rin. He can't be walking around saying things like that and who else knows what he's going to do.