Chapter Six: Namjoon

"Hyung! You and Chae-rin really were dating for that long and you kept it a secret? Why? Did you feel like you couldn't trust us?" Taehyung complains, not able to drop the topic even after the girls have left.

"We just wanted to keep it private for a little while," I tell him. "What's the issue? We told you guys at lunch though."

"The issue is you kept it a secret! And! And! You said you would never date her. Both of you have said the same things! Both of you used to laugh at people who thought you guys were a couple. Plus! What about Ae-ra? I thought you were-"

"Ae-ra broke up with me," I cut him off. "I don't see why I have to be miserable when she's the one who left me." I try not to say this with disdain.

"Of course not, it's just...weird," Taehyung shrugs.

"What's weird?" Jungkook walks into my living room with dinner.

"That hyung is dating Chae-rin!" Taehyung answers him. "Isn't it weird? Like, I can't wrap my head around it. It's so foreign to me."

Jungkook places the food down and laughs. "It's definitely unexpected, that's for sure... But I can't say that I didn't see this coming. How can a man and woman be friends for so long and not have feelings for each other ever?"

"You've been friends with Chae-rin for years," I tell him. "You're telling me you have feelings for her?"

"I did," he laughs. "But she shut that down quickly our first year of university."

"You did?!" Both Taehyung and I say at the same time.

"Yeah. I thought you guys knew about it," he continues to chuckle. "It's not a secret that I think she's beautiful and intelligent."

"You can think that and not have feelings for someone," I counter.

"Obviously, you can't. You used to think that too and look at you now. You're dating her," Jungkook replies.

If only he knew that this was all fake... Of course, I think she's beautiful and intelligent, but that doesn't mean that I want to be more with her. I love her, of course. She is my best friend and is one of the most important women-no, people-in my life. That will never change.

"Yeah," I say, instead. I don't want to make him suspicious. "I guess you're right."

"Wait, but can we go back to how you used to like her?" Taehyung pulls out the containers as he sets up the table with food.

"I mean, what can I say? I liked her and wanted to ask her out," he laughs. "She said no and then...now I'm here."

"But how did you get to where you are now? She doesn't normally bring people into the group, especially if its someone who liked her," Taehyung comments.

"I don't know," Jungkook shrugs. "We became friends because we had to study together for classes and we just...I don't know, we talked? Taehyung, really, I don't know. It just happened naturally."

Interesting. Very, interesting. I had no idea that Jungkook had a crush on Chae-rin and I also didn't know that she knew about it. I always suspected it, especially in the beginning, but she insisted that they were just friends. I mean, she wasn't wrong... She didn't like him like that, but I guess he did. He stuck around long enough to where she felt comfortable with him and now, he's a part of our friend group.

"You know, I always thought yours and Chae-rin's relationship was off," Taehyung says, sitting down at the table and grabbing some food.

"How do you mean?"