16. WARNING SHOTS

🌸   A N E E L A  🌸

Aneela nearly ran into the guards that were stationed in front of her door when she opened it to go for her morning ride. She stumbled backwards, excusing herself but the ravkan woman gave her a small smile and bowed as she wished her a good morning. After asking what her and her colleague were doing there, the only answer she got was that it was an order from the prince to watch over her chambers.

She walked down the corridor and saw guards in front of her father's and sister's room as well. I have to ask the prince about this ... since when does he order security for our private rooms? Aneela turned around the next corner and stopped, debating to go down the corridor. His chambers were on the other side of the building, but she knew the way.

That would be too invasive, she decided, I can ask him when we meet up for today's event. I better take the exit that is closer from here, the guards in front of my room must not know what I was doing now; for all they knew, I am visiting another's chamber, maybe Kheru could vouched for me if word gets around.

Instead of going down the corridor to the prince, she turned right and nearly stumbled to the ground. Aneela held onto a little table that was standing on the right wall of the corridor and retrieved the object from the ground. It was a little ship made out of wires that was now a little shaky, due to her nearly stepping on top of it. With a smile she corrected its shape, pulled on it a little bit until she was happy with the shape of the miniature ship and then put it on top of the table before heading towards the staircase that let outside.

The morning air was as fresh as it could be, and Aneela soaked it deeply into her lungs when she left the building. She loved how quiet everything was, the Grande Palace seemed to be still asleep, although most servants were slowly getting up to get to their work. Getting to the stables was her favourite part of the day, it was the way she could slowly start it without rushing and at her own pace that made her happiest. Without even thinking about her path, her feet walked over to her favourite stallion that was already eagerly waiting for her.

"Good Morning, Sterling."

The horse neighed friendly as the Zemini approached his box. He turned his head towards he and blew breath through his nostrils, greeting her.

"You're in a good mood today, my dear friend."

Aneela gently greeted him back before she scratched the spot right behind his right ear that he loved so much.

"Don't mention it to Kheru that I called you that."

He made an approving sound, moving his head to the side in enjoyment, so she could scratch him even better.

"I hope you slept well, I had a dreadful night, the rain kept me up."

The stallion huffed, as if he was agreeing with her about the sleepless night due to the rain.