━━━━ ACT VI. | AHMRAT JEN

🐈  K H E R U  🐈

Being autumn, it felt like it was still summer in Shu Han. Kheru had always loved the warm fall days of her home country, but she would rather enjoy the colder days in Ravka. But it's only a matter of time until I'm back there and can enjoy all the wonderful perks of the ravkan winter weather.

Knowing that Aneela was planning her rescue made the visit of Zoya, Genya and Tamar bittersweet because she knew that they all would be back in the Grande Palace within a few weeks, but she wanted to leave with their friends right now. To be reunited with Aneela and Nikolai. And him.

The Princess of Shu Han emptied her cup of tea, trying to not let her thoughts get tangled up with the heartrender because it always caused her great pain. Whenever she cried, it was hard to stop. And she needed to be strong now, be present in the moment and pay attention, so she could help Zoya with Ximen. She still thought that the suggestion of these two getting married was ludicrous, but she had to admit that it would solve everything.

While this idea of Aneela's wasn't looking so well – considering how the two were trying to murder each other across the table with looks – the princess' other plan was forming. Kheru had gotten word from her best friend that there would be somebody coming to help her very soon. Which eased the urge to pack her things right now to flee with her ravkan visitors, causing even more problems for her and the others.

"My granddaughters told me the Prince of Fjerda attended your coronation as well as the wedding of the Prince and Princess of Ravka." Leyti Kir-Taban said towards the Dragon Queen who snapped her eyes away from Ximen for a moment. "Does that mean you changed your mind about the fjerdans?"

Zoya gave her a firm nod. "We are working towards a good relationship with all of our neighbours. It is important to us to establish trading routes on the continent with the other countries."

Kheru kept a smile towards herself. Aneela would be proud of this diplomatic answer.

"The zeminis are already involved with your imports and exports – must be because you're your skill to negotiate, right?" Yenye said sarcastically. "And not because you convinced the President to marry off her daughter to the prince you were supposed to marry? What a way to get rid of an unwanted fiancé. You should take some notes, Kheru. That's a way more efficient way to get rid of a marriage and put the burden of securing your country's future onto another person."

Zoya clenched her jaw and only shot Kheru a compassionate look who had sunken in her chair before she turned to her rude sister. "Prince Nikolai and I never saw a future together. As king, he already hosted a courting season to seek out a wife which was interrupted because ... well, you all know why. After this matter was settled, he continued to seek the woman he wanted to marry and in the second courting season, he fell in love with Aneela Ceron. And she with him."