60. DANDELION

🌸 A N E E L A 🌸

For once, the goodbyes weren't filled with hopelessness and heartbreak. Although Aneela would be lying if she wouldn't be a little sad to leave her friends for a month to go on the tour with her husband. She made everybody promise to write to them immediately if something urgent came up – like Ximen pulling some sort of stunt against any of them – and as they assured her, they would, they swore that they would stay on Zoya's side and help her with her fiancé as best as they could.

"Are you sure you have enough food?"Genya asked unsure as she watched the servants load the carriages with the Lantsov's belongings. "You should bring some extra portions, most of the noble houses don't have good cooks."

"We'll survive it," Nikolai chuckled.

"Well, you will but your wife's taste isn't used to bad ravkan dishes," the tailor shot Aneela an excusing look. "It's going to be much worse than the dishes of the previous chef here."

"I can handle it, but thank you for your concern, Genya." The princess smiled. "It will only make me long for the good food in the Grande Palace."

"Do you have enough books to read?" Tolya asked. "If not, I might have some that I can lend to you. Fantastic pieces and a very quick read on the journeys between the cities and villages."

The couple nodded quickly, and Nikolai shot his friend a bright smile. "We are good, thank you, though."

Adrik gently nudged the heartrender. "You will never give up, will you?"

"Have you met him?" Leoni giggled.

Tolya shrugged. "There might come a day when they want to educate them on the art of poetry."

"There might come a day when you want to pick up a book with an exciting plot instead of some old poems." Tamar said with an eyeroll.

"Oh, don't be so harsh to him." Nadia scolded her wife as she linked her arm with hers. "Everybody has their hobby."

"Yes, and Aneela has gardening." Kheru laughed.

"Hey, that's the best hobby out of all of them!" Aneela protested.

"Sure, that's why you can't bring your hobby with you on the tour which is why you have to stick to your boring books."

"At least I can see the finished product right away and don't need to spend hours on end just to see the finished piece of needlework."

Kheru squinted her eyes jokingly but smiled. "Touché."

"Your Highnesses, all bags are packed." A servant next to their carriage announced.

"Ah, I see I made it just in time. I'm going to steal the princess for a moment," Zoya announced behind the group. Everybody turned in surprise, they had thought that she was in the chapel with her fiancé and the archbishop. "It will only be a moment. We'll be right back."