28. PRIVATE DINNER

🌸 A N E E L A 🌸

Although Genya Safin stated how much she regretted this whole incident, Aneela could tell that she was excited about getting the zemini into new clothes. The tailor moved around her so fast, her team had troubles keeping up with giving her the demanded pinning needles, yarn, scissors, scraps of fabric and jewellery.

Kheru sat comfortably on a couch across from the little elevation Aneela was standing on and commented on the current piece she was wearing, thinking out loud with Genya how the dress could be transformed to look even better on her. The princess of Shu Han was enjoying this just as much as the tailor.

"Oh, that is gorgeous!" Kheru clapped her hands approvingly as Genya closed the last claps of a light blue dress with puffy sleeves and a lot of tule. "My favourite one so far."

"It looks amazing on you, Miss Ceron." Genya agreed with a smile as she stepped back.

Aneela smoothed out the skirt and looked over to the big length mirror on the side. It did look great on her, so much she had to admit herself. But it was way more extra than the dresses she had brought with her to courting season. These are more fitted for a ... princess.

Genya held a pearl necklace up to the fabric to see if the undertone matched. The person who had turned Aneela's room upside down hadn't stopped at her jewellery pieces; some of them were with a goldsmith because they all hoped that they could rescue the family pieces that were important to the Cerons. "I don't think this needs any tailoring. Or what do you think, Kheru?"

"No, it's perfect. And yes to the pearls. With matching earrings, perhaps?"

"Exceptional taste, I must say." Genya grinned over to her before she waved a maid closer who had fetched the pearl earrings immediately. "Do you want to wear this for the dinner?"

The zemini put the earrings on while the ravkan secured the necklace. "Isn't this a bit ... much for just a dinner? This seems appropriate for a big banquette or a ball where lots of people can admire the design."

"Nonsense." Kheru got up from her couch and shook her head heavily. "You're going to be Ravka's Princess, you get to wear these kinds of dresses whenever you want to. Even if you're going riding with Sterling. So, a private dinner with your future husband is totally fine."

Aneela tiled her head unsure when they put matching gloves on her hands. "Still, it's not a special occasion like an anniversary."

Kheru crooked an eyebrow. "And what if he's proposing tonight?"

Aneela's heart skipped a beat and her head snapped over to Genya. "He wouldn't, would he?"

The tailor shrugged with an excusing smile. "Better to be safe than sorry, right? Although, I don't think so, he would have sent the other attendees away in order to properly propose."