━━━━ ACT III. | A PIECE OF HOPE

💌  T O L Y A  💌

💌  T O L Y A  💌

Waiting for somebody was always Tolya's least favourite thing to do. The time didn't seem to pass, seconds felt like minutes and minutes felt like hours. Aneela's conversation with Nikolai could literally take hours. If it was for them, they would spend the whole day together. They-

Suddenly, the silence around him was cut by a little noise. The heartrender stood still and listened. Was that an animal? The sound came again. With slow steps, he followed it to learn what it was. He turned around the corner and found himself standing in the hallway that led towards the front entrance. Is that a cat?

When it called again, he walked down towards the door, placing his steps carefully not to scare it away. Judging by the fast beating of its heart, it was not so sure what was going on and seemed nervous. Slowly, he looked into the doorway that was opened just a tiny bit. A little creme cat sat in it, looking at him with big eyes.

"Hello, you." He slowly crouched down and the kitten leaned backwards, watching him afraid. "Where did you come from?"

An unsure meow was the answer he didn't understand. Carefully, he put his hand out to it. The cat was weary for a few seconds but then the curiosity won, and it leaned forward again.

Tolya held still as the little creature sniffed his fingers. It seemed to find him acceptable because it bumped its little head against his hand. The heartrender smiled and gently stroked the animal that began to purr after a few seconds.

How adorable. Kheru would love this little bundle of love. She missed her three cats dearly and always said how the Grande Palace could use some animals around that would calm the environment and destressed everybody.

After a minute, the cat got more comfortable and came closer for some more pets. It even allowed Tolya to pick it up and snuggled into his embrace, purring even louder. He stood up straight when he heard steps approaching from outside. The chattering came closer, and it were noticeably Aneela and Nikolai. Sounds like the conversation went well.

The prince pushed the door open as Aneela laughed at one of his jokes and they entered the Grande Palace. Both of them went quiet when they saw Tolya standing there with a cat on his arm.

"Oh my, who are you?" Aneela whispered joyful and carefully offered the cat her hand. The little one rubbed its nose on her fingers, making Aneela melting on the spot. "How cute you are!"

"Where did you find it?" Nikolai asked with a frown.

"The door was open, somebody didn't properly close it and it just sat there. It must have snuck onto the property and started to explore. But I have no idea what we should do about it."

"Give it to Kheru," Aneela replied immediately. "You know how much she loves cats."

Tolya gave her a doubtful look. "I'm afraid, animals aren't allowed in the Grande Palace, Miss Ceron."