40. WORKING TOGETHER

👑 N I K O L A I 👑

The first whole day in Weddle was spend in the Ceron mansion. Meeting people, shaking hands and polite conversation lasted until lunch time. Afterwards, they went out on the streets for a little introduction on a stage that was very well received among the citizens. They were pleased to see how happy the president's youngest daughter was with the ravkan prince and cheered for them, wishing the couple only the best.

The most exciting part for Nikolai was definitely the visit to the workshops of Mr. Ceron. He supervised several constructing, building and shipment projects there, as they advanced their technology and abilities with each year. In the future, the world would not be able to exist without their inventions and Nikolai was somewhat jealous of that thought. It was remarkable in how many sectors they were investigating and optimizing, it ranged from machines for fabricating any kinds of goods to fishing, farming, trains – which was Yaniya's specialty – and of course, the ships – which was what Aneela was working on.

Nikolai was fascinated on the efficiency they were working with, there was so much to see and learn from, to adapt for the ravkan projects and to develop things together; he was sure they would sign a contract for the future for both of their counties within a few days. They would share knowledge, materials and build together which would benefit both sides. Nikolai's marriage would not only strengthen Ravka's situation, but it would also help Aneela's country. Novyi Zem was a new, fresh country which was still underestimated by the Wandering Isles, Kerch, Shu Han and Fjerda.

Aneela was flourishing in the workshop. Her passion for designing and building ships was inspiring. Her skills and knowledge were impressive, Nikolai could just listen to her for hours, talking about the technical methods, plans, construction options and materials. She was in her element and Nikolai wouldn't take that away from her in any sort. In Ravka, she would be the leader of the developing team, so much was certain.

The creativity strolled out of her like an endless river, she had so many ideas that it was hard for her to even pick something to begin with. She had gotten rid of her jacket that was laying on a chair nearby and had the sleeves of her white shirt rolled up to be able to work better with the materials that laid in front of them on her workstation.

"If we incorporate this part with the prototype of yours, it might work." She pointed at the destinated parts on the plans they had rolled out next to the materials. "We would need to make some tests first, of course, but I'm quite sure that it would work."

"But doesn't this mess with the timing of your other projects?" Nikolai asked concerned and pointed over to half-build ship parts in the back of the workshop.

"I have overlooked everything how I left it and with instructions and corrected plans, I don't even need to supervise the completion of them. Once Mr. Tande is back, I'll give him the authority over these projects while I work on this one with you; they should all be done when we come back in a few months."