March (24-26)

24 March 1999

Shrawan and I visited my parents, my grandmother and parents were extremely concerned about that incident. I was in contact with them using the phone, and so was Shrawan. I can’t tell you how appeased I am that he is sweet to my parents. Most of the sons-in-laws try to keep themselves at distance from their in-laws. I don’t like their cocky side. 

My parents wanted to come to greet my family during that turmoil, but he politely refused them and said that they don't need to worry. My parents understand the gravity of the situation. They were aware that if they came then definitely they would hinder their process. Plus, Shrawan never wanted them to face the backlash of the media or anyone else. 

He even told me that he treats my parents like his and he will try to protect them. It pained him when I was asked a question, and he was aware that if my parents were questioned, I might also feel the same, so he didn’t let them visit us. He does have a point because I know that my parents are never exposed to this world, so this could be too overwhelming for them. 

My mother called the priest and organized a small function, to warn off any evil power. I wanted to oppose thinking that Shrawan would feel uneasy, but he stopped me and said that I should not hurt her feelings. She is doing this for our betterment, so let her be. 

I love him and as long as he is fine, I am ready for everything. I undoubtedly did some very good deeds in my past life that's why I have him as my life partner. When we came back my parents gave us some money, which as usual he happily accepted. I kind of feel that he has everything and this ritual must be awkward for him. He sniffed what I was thinking and ensured that whatever he received from my parents symbolizes their love. It is never about how much it costs, it is about their feelings. He was grateful for it and I am grateful for him. 

My grandmother was about to say that make me a great grandmother soon, but she cut short when she saw Shrawan coming to her room. I was barely controlling my laughter and when we were in the car I told him that as last time he said that he is not ready for a child yet that's why my grandmother didn’t complete her sentence when she saw him. 

He giggled and said in a flirtatious tone, we can think about children, right baby? I turned red then, he kept teasing me till we reached our home. 

When I think about it now, I think it would be great if we have kids. Maybe we can plan our first child after a few months, or maybe after I complete my masters. I think it would be better if we think about it after some years, I would be more mature by then. Raising children along with studies might be laborious. Although both my mother and mother-in-law always say that  I just need to give birth, they will raise the child. Thank you God for giving me such a lovely family.

Yours Vijaya

25 March 1999

Arshi's marriage was on the 28th of this month. Unfortunately, the guy she was about to get married ran away with his lover and had a court marriage. He came back to his house to tell his parents, where his father beated him to pulp. 

I don’t understand if he wanted to marry that girl then why he engaged himself with Arshi. Shrawan and I went to meet her, she literally hugged Shrawan in front of me, my blood boiled. And my man instead of pushing her, he started patting her head. I was like what the hell, do they want me to smack their head. Fine, that jealousy was unbearable. I despise it when Shrawan touches another woman. 

I know she was psychologically exhausted, but she did need to keep her distance from a married man and same goes to Shrawan, he should never forget that he is married. She is hugging him in front of me and I can’t even imagine what other girls do as he stays away from me almost everyday. What if other girls might throw themselves on him, do he deal with every girl in a similar way? I thought I was the only one receiving his care.