June (4-7)

4 June 1999

Packing is done, I have revised that book for almost two times, I am positive that everything will turn out good. I’ll tell you about the examination tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. I am excited. 

Wish me luck.

Yours Vijaya

I am not going today, tomorrow in the early morning I will depart with the driver. Shrawan went to Jodhpur because he promptly decided to take part in the protest that is to seek justice for a rape case. A thirteen year girl is brutally raped by her neighbour. She was missing for the past three or four days and everyone was looking for her including that neighbor. Everyone is protesting to enact stringent laws against such atrocities. 

The party lost in Jodhpur, so it was inevitable that now they don’t protest. But Shrawan said that he is not going there just for the sake of the party but for humanity. He wanted that no where such incidents ever take place, so it's better to be proactive and condemn such behavior at large scale. 

I love that he is concerned and he is doing something for this instead of just talking about it. But it's hypocrisy… No, not again.

It is better if the death penalty is given to that perpetrator, it will work as an example for all those who are thinking about doing any harm. They should be hanged in public. 

Yours Vijaya

6 June 1999

I was not able to give the entrance exam. We indulge in an accident on our way, I am fine and so is the driver. I don’t want to talk about it. But that stupid reckless driver because of him I missed my examination. I am not talking about our one, but the other one. First of all, instead of apologizing he lashed out on us. When he slapped our driver, I lost my calm and called the police, but he ran after realizing that he put himself into hot water. 

As always, the police arrived late and no conclusion took place, because I forgot to take down the number plate and there are less than 5% that we will find him. I don’t know what is wrong with people these days… the driver was almost two decades older than him and instead of accepting his mistake he had the audacity to raise his hand at elderly. 

When we reached RU, the examination had already started and they didn’t allow me in. I know I am the one at fault. The organization has some rules and it always remains the same. Can’t they be a little liberal?

We came back, I called Shrawan and told him everything, he appeared unbothered. Maybe I am wrong, he is tied-up because of protest and all. My problem is nothing as compared to the one he is dealing with. I should not be disheartened, I can always give the next exam. It is not like that it was my last chance. 

Mummy was concerned, I do enjoy the care from her side, but she always disappoints me. Still, I can't take her right, she is a mother and has all the power in the world to get mad at the person who tried to harm her daughter-in-law. I should look at the positive side.

I am telling you if I ever saw that man I will drag him to the driver and will force him to seek forgiveness. He deserves a good scolding. How did he even get his license, okay that's a wrong question, it is not even needed. Who gave him a car? My exam…  I am frustrated. 

Your Vijaya

Don’t worry I will not cry. 

7 June 1999

I woke up because of loud noises. Honestly, I was scared if my in-laws were having an argument again. Thankfully, they proved me wrong.

The man who caused the accident was caught, when he realized that he mixed up with the wrong person, he got on his knees and asked for forgiveness from me. He promised to pay for compensation. But I was not satisfied, I said he was apologizing to the wrong person. He later said sorry for his misbehaviour to our driver. 

Later in the afternoon I got called from Shrawan, he asked if I was feeling a bit better. I was in awe how did he manage to caught him without any details. 

I could feel his smirk from the other side, "Babe this is power of representative of MLA or you could say his son."

We chit chat longer than usual. I was happy but somewhere in my mind I was sad. Maybe now I could assess the gravity of situation, because of one accident I am lagging a year behind. Because of that I am not supposed to move in with my husband.

I will have to stay here and deal with the feelings of missing someone, and of course that someone is my husband. I am aware that it sounds absurd, but I miss him more than anyone else, even more than my family.  Now when I look into the matter of Jaipur, I think the primary reason for moving was that I wanted to be with Shrawan and receiving education become my secondary priority.

Let it be...  Right now I just want to feel amaze, how without the car number he got the right person. This symbolizes power is power. I think nothing like that had ever happened if Shrawan was with me that day. But again, nothing can be done, he is responsible for many things.  I should not be disheartened because I am not his sole responsibility, I should feel blessed that despite the adversities he took out his time,  and resolve my issue as well. 

I know because of him, both of us will end up in heaven instead of hell, when we die. Eventually this course will happen in next 50/60 years. I want him in my next life as well.

Yours Vijaya