July (24-31)

24 July 1999

Something funny happened and I was all excited to tell you about that. The moment I took the pen in my hand, I forgot why I was laughing and now I am laughing at my goldfish memory.

I will update you when I remember.

Yours Vijaya

26 July 1999

I am not sure but I think I know the man who gave my father-in-law some bags, and he locked them in a room.

Surprisingly, he is not a good person, I mean he is indulged in unlawful activities. I was reading the newspaper and then the photo of this man popped up. He is even infamous for replacing the ballot box. Finally, his crimes have been proven. It took prosecutors nearly 6 long years and in the meantime, he was on bail.

I can't even think of how many crimes he committed during this tenure.
I asked my mother-in-law if she knew about this person and she lied on my face.

Of course, no one wants to tatter their image by telling others that they are involved with a criminal. Especially when one comes from a political family.

I am 100% sure that now if any of his people came to seek help from this family, they all will shut the door on their faces. It's not like I want them to associate with these people. Still, I just want all wrong to get punished.

Yours Vijaya

27 July 1999

Shrawan and my mother-in-law went to a cremation of Divijiya. I remember her because she does have a unique name, her father came to give the wedding invitation.

When the pyre was about to burn, she woke up and everyone over there was startled. She had been declared dead for 3 hours, it was a miracle.

Her family was extremely happy. Any parent would be happy, my mother-in-law told me that her husband cried her eyes out when he saw her alive. He became so emotional that he hugged her in front of everyone.

She was behaving as if she didn't know anyone else. Maybe she was struggling after her re-birth.

If I ever met her I would ask her what exactly has happened. But there is no chance of me meeting her.

Let me tell you her background story, and why this family cares so much about her.

Back then my father-in-law was about to become bankrupt and he went to their house the moment he took her in his arms, he got the news that...

29 June 1999

Shrawan had to urgently meet the saint, we met earlier. The one who asked me to not remove the holy treat. It is still on me, I am scared that something bad might happen.

I helped him to pack the fruits and flowers that were brought for him. His mother insisted me to go with him. She wants them to take at our birth chart and tell her when she will become a grandmother.

Why she is all excited about it when all of us see that Shrawan doesn't want to have a child right now?

The saint appeared serious after seeing me again, however, this time he didn't say anything except that I needed to put on my guard and he said this when Shrawan was busy talking on the phone.

Like past, he was once again successful in implanting fear in my mind. He doesn't like Shrawan much, maybe that's the reason.

I asked Shrawan on our way back home why he always came to visit him, when it was obvious that none of them liked each other.

It is because to gain mass support, it is important to visit religious figures. The general public is attracted by their aura and if a leader gets their support then their chances of winning also increase.

I always find it silly that politicians use different types of tactics to win elections. Like, during the last elections, the CM came in a helicopter and thousands of people came just to see the helicopter from nearby. No one cared about the politics, all they needed was a closer look, my brother was one of them.

We are naive so it's easier for them to fool us and even after the betrayal we time and again gave these people another chance.

The moment we change ourselves and become rigid without the option of a second chance, many things will change.

Yours Vijaya

30 July 1999

I'm under the weather, this is because yesterday was hectic. I hate colds especially when it becomes impossible to control my nose. Fever is ten times better than this.

31 July 1999

I am wondering how much I would be disappointed by his mother.

Yesterday when she figured out that I was sick, she told Shrawan to use another room, as she was scared that I might pass the bacteria.

Her presence is making me upset... I know she cares about her son but she is extremely mean. She didn't even ask me how I was feeling if I needed anything.

She just said that I don't need to leave my room, a maid will bring food to my room.

What upset me more was that Shrawan also didn't oppose her. Now imagine, if he was at my place and got sick, would she have behaved similarly? Of course not.

I am not overreacting, it is just at these moments of life one needs care, although I agree that I am not too sick., it could have been worse. Still, if not as daughter she should have asked about my health as a human.

Vijaya, it is wrong to wish anything from her, she can't even control her hands then it is unimaginably hard for her to control her tongue.

The woman who doesn't care about her husband and in-laws, how can I expect her to care for me?

Maybe this couldn't hurt me that much if Shrawan took my side.  If... this if could have changed everything. I have just one word to say I am disappointed.

Your Vijaya