June (14-16)

14 June 1999

Shrawan and my father-in-law were having a conversation till midnight yesterday, I think that they might be considering the possible options they had for this subject.

I didn't ask anything from him, after seeing his tired face. He didn't like it when I waited for him, I told him that I was just reading the book that's why I didn't get hold of time. He put his head on my shoulder and said, "I am so done being tired." I instantly felt pity for him, sadly, I could do nothing to minimize his workload.

It is his call and he does need to make a decision, maybe after that, I could help him in talking with the public. There is still a maybe because everything depends upon the father-in-law's mood.

The next morning when I woke up Shrawan was not by my side. I think that I am an awful wife, a wife should always wake up before her husband and make sure that he is full before leaving the house and here I am... The exact opposite. Accept or not, I was lucky enough to marry in this household, where I have to do nothing, and my husband is like a saint, who doesn't even wake me to do his work.

He finally had meetings with the MP and some richest men of the Jhunjhunu and Churu. They all were impressed by his idea and were ready to invest in this project. I am not very sure but I suppose that they are using MPLADS and MLALADS money. If I am right then the money under this scheme is given by central and state governments to MPs and MLAs, they can use it for welfare according to their will. Although there might be some conditions, most of the time they work out in such a scenario. Plus, the rich often invest in such projects to increase their CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) score, so that they can pay fewer taxes. So it's a win-win situation for both.

Tomorrow Shrawan will have a meeting with Panchayat and maybe in the evening, he will discuss this propaganda with the public. Finger cross, please everything happens easily.

Yours Vijaya

15 June 1999

Thankfully, everyone was so pleased with this idea. Shrawan is planning to visit every house and will request the rich to give up the subsidy so that everyone can get the benefit. However, he is sure that no one will be going to give up the money, still, it is worth the shot.

Everyone thought that there would be a shortage of labor but he came up with a brilliant solution. The laborers who work in MGNREGA will work here. In this way, he can save the cost of labor, plus they could do something really productive instead of digging ground.

After completion of this project in the main center and at houses with brick or permanent roofs, he will find a solution for the slum as the land is limited there so there might be an issue in dealing with it.

Tomorrow I might be visiting the slum as he is busy with this new work, so he doesn't have time to go there. It is evident that people over there, feel connected with me, they share their problems with me without hesitation. They are more comfortable with me as compared to my in-laws. Shrawan has already ordered the driver to bring fruits for the children and distribute them tomorrow.

I am delighted that Shrawan didn't have to face a lot of opposition. Generally, before the implementation of something new, most of the time either people or the opposition party objects but this time everything was smooth.

I don't know if it is just me or if it happens with everyone, whenever everything happens without much counterattack, I feel suspicious. As if something is fishy, it could be simply because I am an overthinker still...

Hey Bhagwan sab sambhal lena.(Oh God, please look after everything).

Yours Vijaya

16 June 1999

I am exhausted to death. I didn't do much, still get tired. I think it is because of my lifestyle these days. Normally, I do nothing so as a repercussion whenever I do anything, even a tiny bit of labor I get tired.

The people were so welcoming, and I can't express how relaxed I was when I heard that almost everyone enrolled their kids in school.  Above that, the cases of bullying are reduced, especially after Shrawan's intervention. Their smiling face spoke volumes for that their problem was heard and solved.

I was expecting that people would ask about this new project and I was sure that someone would ask this question, so I was mentally prepared.

I told them that this project will work in two or three stages. In the first stage, those who have the brick roof will be chosen at the first stage, because the budget is limited and Shrawan is not getting assistance from any support particular ministry. So, it is like an experiment, if it works then in the second stage we could have financial aid for the rest part of Devawas.

I explained them better than my expectations and they were understanding. Instead of making a fuss, they happily decided to wait for their turn. Do subjects like them exist? They were crushed so badly in the past that they are happy to see the change in their lifetime. I hope we will fulfill our duty and don't disappoint them.

After coming back home a bummer was waiting for me. Mummy asked me to have a bath, she gave me Ganga water to add to the bucket.  Why she is behaving like this these days? This is not the first time I visited that area.

Wait... When I first time visited there, she was in Jaipur, and during the second time, I think she was not aware of where I was. Yes, I clearly remember last time those children came to meet Shrawan, she sprinkled Ganga jal and made sure that maids cleaned the area. Maybe after some time her heart changes, and I can just pray because nothing is in my hands.

Yours Vijaya