April (13-16)

13 April 1999 

I watched the movie alone, as Shrawan had previously promised that he would be at a gathering as in 1919 on this day the Jallianwala massacre happened. I was disappointed as I had to watch the movie alone, at the same time I am so proud of him. It is paramount to remember the sacrifices which allowed us to taste liberty.

My first movie in theater, it was an incredible experience. I wish Shrawan was with me. He booked the best seat and two seats that were beside me were empty. One was booked by him and no one came to the other one. I thought that only guys would be there to watch the movie. There were many families and girls, so it was safe. 

Govinda is at an unmatched level, his craze among his fans is at a different level. When the movie was about to finish, he came with a bucket of popcorn and sat on the seat next to me. It was dark there, and I was scared at first when I noticed that someone was sitting on the seat next to me. Before I could object, he asked me how the movie was. When I told him that he scared me, he kissed my cheek.

Later we went to City palace, Hawa Mahal and Jantar Mantar and this time I didn’t fall for his words and seek a guide's help. There is a cafe that is opposite to Hawa Mahal, frankly the food there was not up to my expectation, but the view was spectacular. 

He took me to Johari Bazaar and bought a pendant for me. Its simplicity is what makes it better. When we came out to the jewelers there was a shop named as Jai Shri Ram chat Bhandar, he took me there and told me that they have the best Kanji vada in the world. First, it was my first time trying it and second, why didn't I try it earlier? It was so flavourful, it hit the spot. I can have it everyday, the queue in front of the shop was speaking volumes for its uniqueness. I think this was the highlight of the day. 

On our way back home, I asked him if I could wear the dress that we bought from Paris tomororow and he agreed. 

After dropping me back home, he went for a meeting and told me to not change clothes. Right now I am waiting for him. I had prepared dinner and when he comes back, we will have it. 

Yours Vijaya

14 April 1999

Mummy told me and asked when we would come back. She tried to call Shrawan, but he is not picking any phone calls from home. When I tried to convince mummy, he got irritated. Before we could have a heating conversation, I converted into it in a heated session. 

I am telling you, even the holy water of Ganga is not sufficient to wash my sinful brain. We planned to visit Chaukhi Dhani, but we were so tired that we canceled our plans and stayed at home. I wanted to wear this dress out today, but I don’t think I can ever wear it again, its situation is critical.

I know Shrawan is infuriated, but at the same time I think that whatever happened at home, mummy was not at fault. Any woman would have reacted in the same way, though I am not sure about the slapping part. I am keeping my lips shut, and I haven’t mentioned whatever happened at home even for once. I believe that Shrawan is not aware that I heard their conversation that day, and if he knew about it then certainly our relationship would be not casual, there might be some constraint. 

I am not going to hold myself back from trusting him just because my father-in-law said awful things about my husband. His actions are testaments for me, I hope things get sorted at home before we can go back. 

We went to Raja Park in the evening and there we had the best soya chaap of my life. The street food of this region is the best. However, Shrawan said in Delhi it is even more delicious, but I doubt it. Every place is famous for something, maybe Delhi has something better but not all the things could be best there, especially the dal batti.