May (11-16)

11 May 1999 

I met Arshi today, she came to visit Shrawan. I don’t know why she always comes when mummy is not at home and Shrawan is at home. One question that always disturbs me is how does she always figure out that Shrawan is here. I think that someone from this house, tell her about it. It does make sense because there is no other explanation how she is so precise every time. 

He was with Shrawan in study all the time, I went to check on them and it was locked from inside. When I knocked, Shrawan opened the door. I wanted to ask the reason why they shut the door, but I held back and came into our room after serving them coffee. 

He later told me that Arshi mistakenly locked the door. This girl is getting on my nerves, it appears as she is having an anterior motive. I trust Shrawan but her. She had the audacity to come to my house and locked herself in the room with my husband. 

My heart is still pounding, she is the only person that I don’t like. A woman hunch is never wrong, she is definitely trying to seduce him. I will talk with Shrawan and will try to convince him to stay away from her. 

Yours Vijaya

12 May 1999     

“Vijaya don’t you trust me?” This is what he said when I said that I didn't like when she came to our house. “Honey the gate of this house is open for everyone, I can’t stop anyone, be it Arshi or anyone else, from coming to this house.”

There is no point in explaining him, it appears as if Arshi has whitewashed him. I have to make a plan to completely remove her from his life.

Vijaya you have lost your mind, you are talking like a goon. We are officially married, and no one in this world can replace you as long as you are alive and you are not going to die before you turn 100.

The conversation about any other woman or precisely to be about a mistress never ends on a good note. So, till one doesn't have sufficient evidence I think it is a waste of energy to even talk about that person with one partner. Whatever happens the one who is cheating will not admit, so instead of asking for justifications others need to find evidence.

Maybe I do sound like a wife who is not trusting her husband's words, but trust me I know that he is not cheating. It is my gut feeling, I have doubts about Arshi but not for Shrawan. I am planning to ask helpers about Arshi. I can ask Jiji about her, she has been working here for the longest, so I think she does know about her. 

I am not going to talk with Shrawan regarding Arshi, I don’t want him to speculate that I am suspecting him which of course I am not. But no one can comprehend what is going on in other's minds.

Yours Vijaya

13 May 1999

I talked with Jiji and she said she doesn't think anyone among the maids tell Arshi about mummy’s or Shrawan's whereabouts because she never shares her plans with anyone. I know they are quite random, but sometimes everyone knows about it. I requested her to keep an eye on others for me and tell me if she suspects anyone.

Now, I do feel terrible for sharing my inner feelings with her, what if she told Shrawan about it. Why am I so straightforward? I was excited to uncover the truth and I forgot about the ghastly consequences. Shrawan might feel offended though I am sure mummy will not mind when I explain to her. Still it is so confusing. What should I do now?

Yours Vijaya

14 May 1999   

Shrawan was the one who planned our honeymoon, he took mummy’s help to talk with me about it. I don’t know how I should feel, why did he have to lie in the first place and even if he wanted to go there then why did he include mummy in this plan?