⚖️/Chapter 2

That same day, Neuvillette went to Meropide to visit Wriothesley. He entered his office and greeted him.
"Hello, Mr. Wriothesley."
He said, his tone serious...
___________________________

"Hello, Mr. Neuvillette! Welcome to my humble office. Would you like to have a cup of tea? I made it myself~"
Wriothesley replied cheerfully, as always. However, he made sure to be more formal and serious than usual, as he is welcoming a judge from the Court of Fontaine.

Neuvillette sat by his side, putting some documents on the table and taking water to drink.
"Thank you, but I'll refuse."
He replied, his voice serious just like his expression.

"Ohoho, very well then, Mr. Neuvillette~"
Wriothesley replied with a smile, his tone still being casual but not to the point that it's rude to Neuvillette. He then turned to look at the documents that Neuvillette put on his desk.
"I see that there are a lot more document here than usual. This is a good thing, Mr. Neuvillette, as we would really need all these documents now that the offices are connected."

Neuvillette turned his head to Wriothesley, looking at him face-to-face, with a serious expression.
"Perhaps, is there any special reasons you wanted to connect our offices?"
He asked, his voice serious, but deep down he was thinking deeply in the reasons.

"Ohoho, Mr. Neuvillette, you are really asking the important question here, aren't you? Well, to answer your question, I have no special reason. I wanted to connect our offices so that Fontaine and Meropide can be closer-working together. And that way, Meropide can be an even more reliable partner to Fontaine!"
Wriothesley said with his signature easy-going attitude.
"That's all, Mr. Neuvillette. Nothing more, nothing less."

Neuvillette didn't fully believe that, but he didn't wanna ruin the situation and ask more questions.
"Alright, thank you."
He said, drinking water.

"Ah yes, I wanted to ask you a question, Mr. Neuvillette..."
Wriothesley suddenly asked with a bright, innocent smile.
"By any chance, are you busy this evening? I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me for dinner... Or, do you already have plans?"
He said casually, as if he didn't know the fact that Neuvillette was a busy judge from the Court of Fontaine. His question was too innocent to be suspicious...

Neuvillette raised an eyebrow, he found that question indeed suspicious. Why would he want something like that? But well, it wasn't something that he needed to suspect, right?
"Sure, I'm available today."
He said.

Wriothesley's eyes widened, feeling shocked by Neuvillette's answer.
"Oh, seriously? You agreed so fast. I didn't expect you to say yes. This is a surprise, Mr. Neuvillete. Well, I won't delay any longer then..."
He quickly took a piece of paper, and wrote something down on it. He then handed it to Neuvillette.
"...I already booked the restaurant. Let me just tell you where we will have dinner tonight."

Neuvillette took the piece of paper and he read it. They would be having dinner in a very popular restaurant in Fontaine.
"Alright. Then you wanna go now? It's kinda late..."
He said, still serious.

Wriothesley seemed surprised by the question.
"Yes, I'd like to start immediately... As I'm really excited to have dinner with you, Mr. Neuvillette."
He said in a flirty manner, but not to the point where it could be suspicious to Neuvillette.
"And also, we already booked the restaurant right? So yes, I'd like to start going immediately."

Neuvillette stood up and took off his coat, leaving him in just his judge's suit.
He didn't react to Wriothesley's flirting, as his expression was always serious.
"Right. My car is parked near the Court of Fontaine, as we have to take a specific exit to leave Meropide, as it is located in the middle of the sea."
Neuvillette turned and looked at Wriothesley.
"My car is a black Mercedes."