⚖️/Chapter 15

Of course, Wriothesley wouldn't stay quiet, as he at least wanted to lessen his prison sentence, as he wanted to return to leading Meropide.
Wriothesley went to his former office, as the guards still respect him.
He went to read documents he wrote years ago about how he could reduce his prison sentence, he had to convince Neuvillette...
_____________________________

Wriothesley then walked back to his former office, as he began to read over the documents that he wrote years ago. He then thought that he should prepare some documents that he could also present to Neuvillette later, in order to convince him to reduce his prison sentence.

As he continued to think about the documents, he also started to think about how he could get a hold of some false documents that could help him reduce his sentence too.

Well, that was kind of annoying. Neuvillette was his boyfriend and yet he focused more on work, while he could very well reduce Wriothesley's prison sentence a little.

Of course, Wriothesley didn't want to bother Neuvillette while he was busy with court work. But he still tried to convince himself that he wasn't thinking of documents only just to get a shorter prison sentence, even though he secretly wanted to do exactly just that.

Wriothesley continued to read over his documents, until he decided to take a break. He then got up from his desk and decided to get some tea.

Wriothesley made tea, at least the people of Meropide still saw him as a leader, this all made it easier for Neuvillette to consider him innocent.

Wriothesley then sat down with a tray of tea, while thinking about Neuvillette once more.
"I just love him too much, but he'll never know... He only sees me as some criminal who does bad things. And I don't want to make his work harder, since he's so busy all the time..."
Wriothesley was feeling slightly upset, but also a bit hopeful that he could at least convince Neuvillette to reduce his prison sentence.

Well, Meropide's prisoners were allowed to go into battle with Clorinde, and if they won they could be released, right? And since Wriothesley was her friend, he could ask her to pretend she lost, so Wriothesley could be free and lead Meropide again!
It was a great idea, he just had to ask Neuvillette for permission first, and if he accepted, tell Clorinde his plan.

As Wriothesley was thinking of ways he could convince Neuvillette to reduce his prison sentence, he suddenly remembered about the battle with Clorinde and how the prisoners could be released if they defeat or pretend to defeat her. He then thought that this could be a way to reduce his prison sentence, and quickly headed to Neuvillette's office to discuss this idea with him.

Wriothesley walked over to Neuvillette's office, and knocked on the door.
"Chief Justice Neuvillette? Can I come in?"

Neuvillette had finished a court, and was writing documents.
When he heard someone knocking on the door, he spoke in his serious voice.
"Come in."

Wriothesley was a bit nervous when he heard Neuvillette's serious voice, but he kept a straight face as he walked inside the room, before closing the door behind him.
"Greetings, Chief Justice Neuvillette. May I speak to you about something?"
Wriothesley was speaking very politely to Neuvillette, as he wanted to show that he wasn't being too troublesome or causing any inconvenience to Neuvillette's daily work.

Neuvillette got up from his office chair and went to the sofa behind Wriothesley, which was normally used for conversations.
He looked at Wriothesley and nodded.
"Yes. There's no need for so much formality, okay? I'm your boyfriend, even in work environments."