⚖️/Chapter 17

"So, Neuvillette..."
Wriothesley was about to say something, but he was interrupted...
___________________________

"Wriothesley, it says you cheated in battle, by your movements and tactics..."
Neuvillette spoke, looking at the documents he filled out after certain analyzes on camera.
"I have to see if you made any plans with her... I need to see the security cameras."
He spoke, a little quieter.

Wriothesley got slightly anxious when he heard Neuvillette's response, as he started to blush a bit.
"No, no... I swear that I didn't cheat. It was all my own skill. I didn't make any plans with her at all. It was just luck and luck and luck. Please look at the security cameras and see how I didn't cheat... I really don't wanna stay in Meropide... I just wanna go back, love."
Wriothesley was speaking in a nervous but pleading voice.

Neuvillette then picked up the laptop that was next to the secretary, still sitting on Wriothesley's lap, he put the cameras in at the moments when Wriothesley was probably going to make plans with Clorinde.
Neuvillette saw on the cameras, Wriothesley planning the battle with Clorinde before it began, telling Clorinde to pretend to lose, as Wriothesley wanted to leave Meropide and return to being the Lord there.
Neuvillette turned his head and looked at Wriothesley with a raised eyebrow.

Wriothesley was nervously biting his lips, as he looked back at Neuvillette. He knew that there was no way that he could hide the truth now, since Neuvillette had seen the camera footage for himself.
"Yeah... I kind of got scared that I wouldn't be able to return to Meropide, as Duke. I wanted to escape by leaving a positive image of myself, so I asked Clorinde to let me win."
He said reluctantly.

Neuvillette sighed, his gaze still serious.
"You know that gives you more years in prison, right?"
He asked, turning around, sitting on Wriothesley's lap, face to face with him.
"Since you were arrested, you've been committing more crimes, trying to forge documents saying you're innocent and things like that, even though you promised you would stop. You know very well that this will give you a longer prison sentence, right?"

Wriothesley sighed, as well. He just looked down at the ground for a second. He then looked back up at Neuvilette.
"Yeah, Neuvillette. I know this gives me more years in prison. I just... I missed my title as Duke. I was proud and I was scared of losing everything in Meropide. I want to continue to lead Meropide. However, it seems like everything just hates me right now."
Wriothesley was now starting to feel depressed, as he started to feel more hopeless.

Neuvillette sighed, he put his hand on Wriothesley's cheek and spoke.
"I told you that after you serve your prison sentence, you can be the Duke again."
Neuvillette said, looking into his eyes.
"Wriothesley, it's my job as a judge."

Wriothesley sighed, as well. He knew that he was stuck in the position of being unable to change the judge's decision. He then leaned into Neuvillette's hand.
"I understand, love. If I serve my prison sentence, I'll be able to return as Duke. I promise you that I don't mind being imprisoned in Meropide for more years, as long as I can just be with you in the end."
Wriothesley blushed slightly, trying to make Neuvillette feel less concerned.

Neuvillette laughed lightly and spoke. "You're trying to convince me to get you out of prison, right? Your words are sometimes good metaphors."
He said, knowing full well that Wriothesley was trying to act like he won't commit any more crimes.

Wriothesley sighed, he was caught now. He decided to just be honest with Neuvillette.
"Yes, that's what I'm doing."
Wriothesley then closed his eyes, as he felt ashamed that he was caught trying to deceive his boyfriend. He felt like Neuvillette deserved better and that he was disappointing him.
Saying all of this, Wriothesley started to tear up a bit.