⚖️/Chapter 9

[In the morning.]

Neuvillette woke up, he sat up in bed and looked around, confused as to why he was in a room at Meropide with Wriothesley.
When he remembered that Wriothesley was arrested, and what happened last night, he was immediately surprised and noticed that he had no clothes on.
"I had sex with a man..."
Neuvillette whispered, his tone serious but regretful.

"And it was you, Neuvillette."
Wriothesley said before he got up and began to find his clothes in the room right now, as Wriothesley looked at Neuvillette with a look of surprise and happiness too, as Wriothesley felt really happy right now that he got to spend time with Neuvillette again.
"I guess we both wanted that experience, don't you think?"

Neuvillette got up and put on his clothes. He was silent but then spoke in his serious voice.
"No... This will be the biggest mistake I've made in my life."
He said.

Wriothesley then put all his clothes back on and looked at Neuvillette seriously now.
"Neuvillette... You can't be serious right now after last night."
Wriothesley felt like he just had the most amazing night with Neuvillette and now Neuvillette was suddenly giving him this attitude.
"Why do you sound so negative about this whole thing, Neuvillette? I could honestly say that last night was one of the best nights ever for me."

Neuvillette walked towards the exit door of the prison room and spoke, his voice and face serious as always.
"Wriothesley, I had sex with a man! That's embarrassing!"

Wriothesley felt a bit surprised when Neuvillette suddenly raised his voice like that at him, as Wriothesley looked at Neuvillette with a look of surprise right now.
"Neuvillette... Do you not realize that I'm a criminal? That's even more embarrassing to be honest."
Wriothesley still spoke with a serious tone and look right now, as Wriothesley felt a bit frustrated with Neuvillette right now.

Neuvillette was serious about this now, he was one step from leaving.
"You're right, it is embarrassing too."

Wriothesley felt quite disappointed now that Neuvillette was going to leave now. Wriothesley decided to speak up again before Neuvillette could leave.
"Neuvillette... Please don't leave like this after what just happened last night. Why do you seem so negative about what just happened between us? Why can't you just be happy about it?"
Wriothesley sounded like he desperately wanted Neuvillette to stay here in this room with Wriothesley right now.

Neuvillette sighed, he crossed his arms as he leaned toward the wall, close to the door waiting for the conversation to end.
"Because we're both men."
He said.

Wriothesley was surprised all over again when Neuvillette said that, but this one caught Wriothesley off guard completely. Wriothesley didn't quite know how to respond to this right now.
"So? Why does that matter? You're saying like having sex with the same gender is a bad thing."
Wriothesley spoke with a serious tone right now.

Neuvillette sighed.
"It's not a bad thing, I just..."
He stopped and spoke again, his face still serious like always.
"I always thought I liked women."

Wriothesley suddenly had a small thought as he looked at Neuvillette's serious expression right now.
"Wait... Is this really the first time you've felt this way towards a man?"

"Yeah?"
Neuvillette said.

Wriothesley suddenly felt relieved hearing this as Wriothesley finally understood Neuvillette's mindset right now. Wriothesley could somewhat relate to this feeling of confusion at first, but Wriothesley was still surprised that Neuvillette's first experience with this was with Wriothesley.
Wriothesley was then very curious about Neuvillette's feelings towards this and Wriothesley got closer to Neuvillette to ask him about it now.
"Interesting... Did you enjoy it? Honestly now."