⚖️/Chapter 11

The sight made Wriothesley very jealous as Wriothesley thought that Neuvillette should have never tried to kiss another woman like this right now, especially when Wriothesley has always been Neuvillette's lover all this time...
__________________________

Neuvillette stopped when he saw Wriothesley, and said nothing, his expression half serious and shocked.

Clorinde looked at both of them and spoke.
"What happened? You asked me to convince Neuvillette, so I'm trying to do it by kissing him."

Neuvillette looked away, as this was betrayal, as he and Wriothesley were lovers.

Wriothesley was very pissed off as he saw Clorinde kissing Neuvillette right now. Wriothesley couldn't believe that Neuvillette would betray him just like this.
Wriothesley would snap at Clorinde right now.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?! If you want to convince Neuvillette, just try talking with him, don't just start kissing him like that right now!!"

Neuvillette didn't say anything, he watched, silent with a serious and confused expression.

Clorinde looked at Wriothesley and she spoke, laughing lightly.
"I couldn't convince him with words, so I also thought about taking him to bed with me!"
She said.

Wriothesley was very pissed off when he heard Clorinde say that, as Wriothesley couldn't believe that Clorinde would say something like this right now. Wriothesley couldn't think straight as his thoughts were filled with anger, jealousy, and disbelief that Clorinde decided to kiss Neuvillette.
"You should have never kissed Neuvillette like that right now!! If you wanted to convince him, you should have only talked with him, don't try to bring him to bed!! How could you?!"

You could see from Clorinde's face that she wasn't taking this seriously, since she didn't even like Neuvillette, and she just wanted to convince.

Neuvillette was serious but he also didn't want to see Wriothesley angry.
"I'm sorry I let her kiss me, Wriothesley."
He said, his voice serious and his expression too. He was being sincere.

Wriothesley calmed down when he heard Neuvillette's response and looked at Neuvillette in the eyes.
"It's okay... It's not your fault for letting her kiss you, she just wanted to convince you anyway. You were tricked by Clorinde, you shouldn't be blamed for what she did."
Wriothesley smiled and laughed softly.
"Don't worry Neuvillette..."
Wriothesley then sat down on a nearby chair in Neuvillette's office.

Neuvillette sighed in relief, happy that Wriothesley wasn't irritated with him.

Clorinde looked at Wriothesley and crossed her arms.
"And it's my fault?! You're the one who asked me to convince him!"

Wriothesley then noticed the annoyed look on Clorinde's face, as Wriothesley would get up from the chair and walk over to Clorinde and look her right in the eyes, being face to face with her now.
"If you are the one who wanted to try convincing Neuvillette, then you should have only talked with him and convince him, not try to kiss him right now!!"
Wriothesley couldn't hide the anger in his voice as he said this to Clorinde.

Clorinde rolled her eyes, she looked at Wriothesley angrily.
"He wasn't convinced by my words! He said he won't let you go back to work at Meropide because he's the Chief Justice of Fontaine and he can't do that!"
She said, looking away.
"In fact, you are still treated as the Leader there, so what does it change if you are a prisoner for 10 years or not? Still, as the Lord of Meropide you spend your life inside that place."