⚖️/Chapter 25

Sigewinne was hugging Navia, and Clorinde was so shocked that she didn't even know what to say.
All that could be heard in this silence was Neuvillette's rapid breathing and words.
"Please show pity! What will Sigewinne do? She can't lose her father at that age! I'm incapable of taking care of her alone!"
He said, desperate, he didn't even know what to say anymore.
"And I... I will never find a man like him, who was able to give me love and affection."
Neuvillette whispered, a single tear falling from his eye, it was rare to see Neuvillette cry in public...
___________________________

"That’s right, what will Sigewinne do? It would be such a shame if a young girl was left alone in this world, would it not?! Would it not!?"
Furina said in a sarcastic tone, she found Neuvillette’s helplessness entertaining, she was enjoying this.
"And don’t even get me started on your little romance story, I couldn’t care less about your marriage. As a human, he shouldn’t even be in a relationship with an immortal in the first place!"

Neuvillette couldn't take it, he cried. Tears fell from his eyes uncontrollably. After a while, he wiped his tears and spoke.
"It's not my fault I fell in love with him, and neither is his fault for loving me! What's the problem... if he's a mortal and I'm not?"
He said, stressed.

Clorinde nodded, agreeing with Neuvillette. Sigewinne continued to cry, while Navia tried to comfort her.

Furina sighed, this whole topic annoyed her because Neuvillette couldn’t see how “mortal x immortal relationships” could bring only chaos and suffering.
"You just don’t understand, Neuvillette. What happens when you and Wriothesley spend together decades or centuries? You will always outlive Wriothesley, one day Wriothesley will get old and ugly and you'll still be young and handsome. Don’t you see?! It’s just not going to work!"
She said.

Neuvillette was silent for a while, he sighed. Furina was right but... Neuvillette loved Wriothesley, he didn't care about his appearance.
"I don't care if he gets 'old and ugly'. He will NEVER stop being the man who brought me joy in life."
He said, looking at the floor.

"You may not care about how he looks but Wriothesley might, and when that day comes he’ll blame you for not stopping this foolish relationship before it’s too late."
Furina said while looking down on Neuvillette.

Sigewinne kept crying quietly as she was listening to this whole conversation, she couldn’t wait till Furina left so she could be alone with Neuvillette. She didn’t want to hear about her father being executed in front of her.

Neuvillette remained silent, Furina was right.
He sighed, tears slipping down his face, rain pouring outside due to his sadness.
"I... understand. Can I have one last talk with him before you kill him?"
He asked, whispering.

Furina finally calmed down, seeing how sad Neuvillette was made her feel slightly guilty. Furina then took a deep breath and told Neuvillette.
"Of course, have your final talk with your lover before he dies. I won’t stop you."

Sigewinne looked at Neuvillette, she seemed really excited to know what Neuvillette would say to her father. Clorinde could see that Neuvillette’s heart was breaking once again.

Neuvillette sighed and spoke quietly. "Thanks."
He said.

A while later, Neuvillette arrived at the Fortress of Meropide, he arrived near Wriothesley's prison cell.
His face full of tears, he explained the situation to Wriothesley, and said that he would be executed.
First of all, Neuvillette asked, while crying even more.
"Would you...still love me even when you get older and I stay young?"
He asked, even though he knew he already talked about it with him months ago, he asked this time, crying.

Wriothesley was sad to see Neuvillette in tears, he knew how much he meant to Neuvillette.
"I’ll always want you, dear. That was something I told you a while ago as well. I can’t believe after all these years of being together and loving you so deeply you still have to ask. You’re the only thing that keeps me going."
Wriothesley said, he didn’t want to leave Neuvillette behind without saying proper farewells.

Neuvillette sighed, he looked away and spoke quietly.
"I'm...not sure that's the truth, I doubt it because...Lady Furina, she..."
He stopped, taking a deep breath.

Wriothesley held Neuvillette close to him and whispered in his ear.
"Don’t listen to Furina, she doesn’t know anything about our relationship. You mean the world to me, Neuvillette, just like I mean the world to you. I won’t give in to Furina’s ridiculous rules. You made that promise to me once, dear, and I would like to believe that it still holds true…"

Neuvillette kept silent for a while, he hugged Wriothesley tightly, crying on his shoulder.
"Wriothesley, my love, I love you. I don't want you to die, I don't want that, can't we... Can't we just run away?!"
He asked, his voice shaking. He didn't care about his job and career on Fontaine anymore.
"I can't live without you, I can't."

Wriothesley hugged Neuvillette tightly, he didn’t want to leave this world without one last embrace from his love. Wriothesley kissed Neuvillette’s cheek and whispered.
"I love you too, dear, you are my everything. I don’t want to go either, but I accept this fate. We will meet again in Celestia and we can have endless time together…"

This only made it worse... thinking that Wriothesley was going to be executed, it only made how Neuvillette felt worse.
"But... I'm immortal, how are we going to see each other in Celestia?"
He said, crying as he hugged him even more tightly.

Wriothesley held Neuvillette in his arms, he wiped off his tears, he knew Neuvillette loved him so much and he didn’t want to break his heart anymore. He kept his voice gentle and calm as he spoke to Neuvillette.
"My love, don’t worry. This is just a temporary parting. One hundred years, or two hundred years will pass very quickly, and then we will meet in Celestia. I want you to remember that, dear. My heart belongs to you until the very end."

Neuvillette cried, this was a bad moment...

Moments later, Wriothesley arrived at the execution site, Furina was there too.
Clorinde and Navia refused to see, but Neuvillette was there. Sigewinne was at Neuvillette's house, waiting for her fathers to return...