⚖️/Chapter 13

"Just make sure that everything goes well when attempting to break into Neuvillette's office then."
Wriothesley just said this with a soft smile as he looked at Clorinde while waving goodbye to her...
____________________________

On the evening of that day, Wriothesley was in his office in Meropide, waiting for the time when most guards at the Court of Fontaine fell asleep.
That day, Neuvillette was asleep in his own office, so perhaps Wriothesley's plan could go wrong.

"This is it, the time when everyone will be asleep. I hope this plan could go as planned."
Wriothesley said with a smirk on his face.
The Fortress of Meropide is already silent, as Clorinde has already got into Neuvillette's office and is currently in a hidden place, waiting for Wriothesley to arrive in the court.

Wriothesley would then head to Neuvillette's office through the underground tunnel leading to the court.

After a while, Wriothesley managed to get to Neuvillette's office, and was prepared to make false documents saying that he had regained his position as the Lord of the Fortress of Meropide and saying that he was free from being a prisoner in Meropide. Neuvillette was sitting in the chair, sleeping.

Wriothesley was feeling both happy and relieved that he's now able to get close to Neuvillette's office without anybody suspecting him.
"Neuvillette is still sound asleep on the chair like usual. There's no way anybody's going to wake him up now."
He thought.
Wriothesley then entered the office with a soft smile, before approaching the chair where Neuvillette was sleeping. Wriothesley then started to prepare the documents needed to forge.

As Wriothesley wrote the forged documents saying he had regained his position as the Lord of the Fortress of Meropide, Neuvillette woke up feeling someone's presence, and looked at Wriothesley.
"Love...What are you doing in my office?"
He asked, sleepy.

Wriothesley was feeling a bit shocked as Neuvillette woke up from his sleep, before Neuvillette asked him what he was doing in his office.
"I... Uhm... Oh... You're awake? Well... Neuvillette... I actually have a great news for you."
Wriothesley then spoke while trying to hide the forged documents from Neuvillette and quickly changing the subject right now.

Neuvillette looked at the documents Wriothesley was hiding and then looked at Wriothesley again, his expression confused.
"What happened?"
Neuvillette already suspected that Wriothesley might be falsifying documents saying that Neuvillette left Wriothesley to return to lead Meropide.
But it was too early to draw conclusions.

Wriothesley was starting to feel a bit panicked as Neuvillette is looking at the documents, before Wriothesley quickly came up with an excuse for this right now.
"Well... It's uh... Well, the Court of Fontaine has voted, and... Uhm... They told me that I'm now free to lead Meropide. Here... Look at the documents."
Wriothesley then handed over the falsified documents to Neuvillette, before Neuvillette took a look at it.

Neuvillette took the documents and read them.
Then he looked at Wriothesley with his usual serious expression and raised an eyebrow.
"The Court of Fontaine does not vote on whether you return to lead Meropide or not, who decides is the Chief Justice, in this case, me."
Neuvillette said, mentioning that he realized Wriothesley was lying.

Wriothesley was starting to feel disappointed right now, as he didn't know how Neuvillette will react to this.
"Oh crap... He noticed."
He thought.
Wriothesley then sighed at Neuvillette's reaction, as he knew that he can't hide the forged documents to Neuvillette anymore.
"I... Well... I... I... Yeah, you got me... It's actually me who wants to lead Meropide again, not the Court..."