⚖️/Chapter 5

Wriothesley said, sounding much happier now, with a cute smile on his face.
"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?"
Neuvillette said, his voice and expression serious as always, unchanging...
_________________________

Wriothesley was now looking at Neuvillette with a more serious expression, as he was now going to ask Neuvillette an important question. Wriothesley moved his hand away from Neuvillette's shoulder now, as he felt he needed to ask Neuvillette this question.
"I just wanted to ask, are you the hydro dragon?"
Wriothesley's voice sounded like he wanted the answer to this question so he could confirm his suspicions...

Neuvillette didn't really wanted to reveal that to anyone, since it wouldn't be too good for him. He was stressed inside about that, but outside he maintained his usual serious expression.
"No...why?"

Wriothesley felt like Neuvillette was lying to him about being the hydro dragon, as Wriothesley knew that the rain always seemed to follow Neuvillette wherever he went. Wriothesley was now starting to doubt if he should believe Neuvillette or not...
"Well, I always seem to notice that whenever you're sad, it always rains wherever you're at... you've never noticed this before?"
Wriothesley said, with a look of suspicion on his face.

"Well, it might be a coincidence."
Neuvillette said, his voice still as calm and serious as before, even if he was denying it all.

Neuvillette trying to deny it all was giving Wriothesley even more suspicions about Neuvillette being the hydro dragon. Wriothesley wanted this answer to his question, as he felt like Neuvillette telling him the truth about being a hydro dragon would help him understand why the rain always follows Neuvillette wherever he goes.
"...No, it's not a coincidence. I know that whenever you're feeling sad, it rains wherever you're at. You can't deny it... you're the hydro dragon."

"Alright...yes. But if I may ask, don't tell anyone about this and don't laugh about it."
Neuvillette said, looking down at the floor, he kept his serious expression.

Wriothesley was surprised to hear Neuvillette admit that he is a hydro dragon, as he wanted the truth from Neuvillette so bad. Wriothesley smiled slightly at Neuvillette, as he wasn't going to tell anyone that Neuvillette is a hydro dragon.
"Of course, Neuvillette. Your secret is safe with me, don't worry."
Wriothesley now had the truth he wanted...

"Thank you."
Neuvillette said, still serious. He was grateful that Wriothesley would keep it a secret, but it was also kinda worrying since Wriothesley was still suspicious about lots of things, since he really looked like he was hiding something.

Wriothesley noticed that Neuvillette still looked worried, even though Wriothesley told him that he wouldn't tell anyone about Neuvillette being the hydro dragon. Wriothesley understood why Neuvillette would be feeling worried though, as it would be concerning for many people if they knew that Neuvillette was the hydro dragon.
"Don't worry, Neuvillette. I'm here to help you if you ever need it."
Wriothesley said, trying to make Neuvillette feel a bit more calm.

"You have my gratitude."
Neuvillette said, before standing up and getting ready to leave, since it was very late.
"I'm going to my office at the Court of Fontaine now, since it's very late. I'll see you some day."
He said with his usual tone of voice.

Wriothesley wanted Neuvillette to stay for a bit longer, as he felt like they were still not yet done talking. But Wriothesley could understand why Neuvillette would want to leave since it is late.
"Yes, I'll see you later Neuvillette, get some rest."
Wriothesley let out a little chuckle as he felt that the tone Neuvillette was saying goodbye to him in was a bit too serious.

Neuvillette left Wriothesley's office and walked all the way out of the Fortress of Meropide.
After a while, he went to his office and rested for a bit.

After Neuvillette left, Wriothesley looked at the clock in his office, as it was now very late. Wriothesley didn't want to stay up any longer, so he got up and went to his bedroom in the Fortress of Meropide.
Wriothesley was a bit disappointed that Neuvillette left so soon, but he was glad that he got to speak with Neuvillette for a little while.

[In the morning.]

Neuvillette was in his office and he had just woken up. He decided to look for some documents that said something about Wriothesley, although he wasn't sure they existed.

Neuvillette had had his suspicions about Wriothesley ever since he met him, because of his overly friendly personality, and so he thought that maybe, just maybe, he had already tried Wriothesley in court years ago.

Wriothesley woke up in his bed in the Fortress of Meropide, as he could hear a lot of people talking outside. Wriothesley got out of his bed, and put his clothes on before heading outside his bedroom. Wriothesley now heard the heavy steps outside from the guards moving throughout the fortress. It sounded like a normal day.

Wriothesley wanted to find out what was happening, so Wriothesley went outside his bedroom and started looking around where everyone was talking to find out what was happening. Wriothesley was curious now.

Wriothesley saw the guards talking about suspicions that the Lord of the Fortress of Meropide had. Well, everyone there knew that Wriothesley was a criminal in the past, but there were more suspicions that perhaps he still commits crimes without anyone knowing. It could be true, since Wriothesley was a mysterious man who never told the whole truth.

During this whole moment, Neuvillette was in his office looking through documents to see if he already knew Wriothesley or not.

Wriothesley decided to stay and hear what the guards were saying about him, as he wanted to know what the people of the Fortress of Meropide thought about him, or if the people were starting to lose trust in him.
"So there's suspicion that I am still committing crimes within the Fortress of Meropide?"
Wriothesley asked in response to what he heard, although his tone of voice sounded like he didn't really care too much about whether people still trusted him or not.

The guards stopped talking and turned to Wriothesley, while some walked away.
"N-no Duke...it was just people talking, I don't think anything!"
A guard said, afraid of what Wriothesley might do.

Wriothesley sighed in response to the guard, as he could tell that the guard was afraid of him. But Wriothesley's tone of voice sounded like he was just a bit annoyed.
"Guards, if there was suspicion about me committing crimes within the Fortress still, I would just admit it..."
Wriothesley said, with a more serious tone than before, as he now was slightly annoyed that even the guards were questioning him.

Of course, Wriothesley most likely wouldn't say if he was committing a crime, as his darkest truths were hidden and only he knew.
Before the guard began speaking, Wriothesley received a call from Neuvillette.
"Wriothesley, come to my office please."
He said, his tone serious.

Wriothesley heard Neuvillette's call, and decided to answer it, as he was a bit curious to what Neuvillette wanted to speak with him about today. Wriothesley turned to the guards and said his goodbyes to them, as he was leaving to see Neuvillette now.
"Sorry guards, but I have to go see someone now..."
Wriothesley now made his way to Neuvillette's office, as he was now curious to know why Neuvillette wanted to see him.

Neuvillette had just read a document he registered 17 years ago, which said the following sentence:

"Wriothesley, admitted his crimes committed and guilt to Neuvillette, in a court in Fontaine. Wriothesley, 18 year old criminal was sentenced to prison for 5 years."

Neuvillette remembered the event, and decided to confront Wriothesley about it. After all, Neuvillette always suspected him and had the feeling that he had already seen him somewhere.
When Wriothesley entered Neuvillette's office, he showed Wriothesley the document with the sentence written on it...