⚖️/Chapter 10

Neuvillette left and went all his way through the Court, entering his own office. It was raining a lot outside, Neuvillette was feeling sad, but he was preparing document for his next court...
____________________________

Wriothesley was also feeling pretty sad now because he couldn't see Neuvillette again for the next ten years he would be in Meropide, as Wriothesley was pretty determined to break out of Meropide right now by any means necessary.

Wriothesley was then able to think of a plan to break out of Meropide while he was returning to his normal cell, as Wriothesley would need to get access to his office as soon as he can right now.

Wriothesley at buffet time was passing by his old office, where he used to lead Meropide.
Since he still had power there, even though he was a criminal, he decided to talk to the guards who were once his workers.

The guards recognized Wriothesley as the Lord of the Fortress of Meropide right now, as they were shocked to see Wriothesley returning to his office right now while he was a prisoner.
"Hello there, do you mind opening the door for me? I need to get something quick."

"Uh... Lord Wriothesley, I don't think you're supposed to be here right now since you're a prisoner. You can't leave your cell right now in Meropide."
A guard said.

Another guard approached Wriothesley and bowed, as he was still respected and feared by some.
"Of course Lord Wriothesley! Please come back being our Leader, the office will always be yours, our leader!"
A guard said.

Wriothesley was a bit shocked to hear the guard calling him a leader now. Wriothesley then looked at the guard and was able to see the joy of this guard now, wanting Wriothesley to be their leader again.
"Well... You're right about that. I am the Leader of this Fortress of Meropide."
Wriothesley then approached the office and walked towards the door to enter his former office again.

After entering, Wriothesley locked the doors so no one could get in there.
In the Fortress of Meropide, people didn't really care that he was a criminal, as they still saw him with the great pride of still being the Lord of Meropide. So maybe he could use this as an excuse to officially get his job back as Lord of Meropide, since being a prisoner would be kind of pointless since he was used to working there.

Wriothesley then walked up to his desk, and was able to see some of his old documents in the office. Wriothesley had a plan to get his official position back as Lord of Meropide. Wriothesley was pretty confident that he would get his original position back. Wriothesley started thinking of a way to trick the Court of Fontaine to officially give him his position as Lord of the Fortress of Meropide back.

Well, Neuvillette was the judge. So, maybe he could convince him, but it would be quite difficult since Neuvillette did his job well.
"It's worth a try I guess, it's better than spending my time here as a normal prisoner in Meropide for 10 whole years..."
Wriothesley had to think carefully on how he would convince Neuvillette about this, as Wriothesley knew how good Neuvillette would be in his job as a judge.

Several days passed while Wriothesley planned every step of how to escape from there.
Neuvillette spent those days holding court and filling out documents, and he really hoped Wriothesley was okay.

Wriothesley arrived at a part of the plan where Wriothesley went to his office and decided to call Clorinde, the girl who would probably help him return to leading Fortress of Meropide. As always, Wriothesley was drinking tea while doing this.
"Clorinde, you have to help me, I don't want to spend the next 10 years in this prison cell of mine. I have to get my official position back, as Lord of Meropide. I can't sit here and waste my time right now, so please do something or think about something that can help me."

Wriothesley said as Clorinde would feel concerned for Wriothesley when he heard that he wanted his position back as Lord of the Fortress of Meropide again after everything that happened.

Clorinde answered the call and heard everything he said.
"Oh? And how can I help exactly?"
She asked.

"If possible, I would like you to convince Neuvillette to think about giving me my job back as Lord of Meropide. I know you can talk with him since you're pretty close to him."
Wriothesley then took a sip of tea from his cup of tea while waiting for Clorinde's response.

"Convincing Neuvillette... But you know him better than me, don't you?"
Clorinde spoke, while sighing after that.
"Okay, I'll convince him, I'll try."

"Thank you so much Clorinde, you won't regret helping me."
Wriothesley then finished drinking the rest of his tea and set down his tea cup on the desk and took out many documents from the desk drawers for his plan.
"Hopefully Neuvillette actually gets convinced by what I said to him, as it would be way better than me spending my time in that prison cell of mine all day."

And so it was, Clorinde went to Neuvillette's office and went to talk to him.

At that time, Wriothesley was leaving prison to go to Neuvillette's office too, when the conversation with him and Clorinde would end.
"Monsieur Neuvillette, do you know Wriothesley? I heard he was arrested for the crimes, don't you think it's better to let him go back to lead Meropide instead of him being stuck there?"
Clorinde said entering Neuvillette's office, her expression was serious.

Neuvillette looked at her, his voice and expression serious too, he said.
"I can't take him out of prison, he has to serve his sentence."
He said.

Clorinde spent a lot of time trying to convince Neuvillette, saying different things.

Wriothesley then started to get impatient while waiting for Clorinde's response and decided to walk back towards the cell he was in while waiting for Clorinde to be done convincing Neuvillette to let Wriothesley get his position back as Lord of Meropide again.

But when Wriothesley got back into his cell, he started to hear some sounds of Clorinde convincing Neuvillette about letting Wriothesley get another chance as Lord of Meropide, which got Wriothesley excited again.

Wriothesley decided to go to Neuvillette's office, as there was a secret passage in Meropide that took you there.
When he went, he saw Clorinde kissing Neuvillette, and this totally shocked him.

Wriothesley couldn't hide the surprise on his face. Wriothesley couldn't believe that Neuvillette would kiss Clorinde like this right now in the office. He then began to hear Neuvillette and Clorinde laughing as they were kissing right in front of Wriothesley.

The sight made Wriothesley very jealous as Wriothesley thought that Neuvillette should have never tried to kiss another woman like this right now, especially when Wriothesley has always been Neuvillette's lover all this time...