⚖️/Chapter 34 (FINAL)

"My family...I want them to be...happy."
Wriothesley thought, feeling hopeless. He knew that he was going to die after that bullet hit his head, and he wished that Neuvillette and his daughter were safe. This was too much for him, it was all ending too fast. He was going to miss Neuvillette and his daughter more than anything else in this world.
"I'm sorry...Neuvillette."
He whispered, his last thoughts before dying, with sadness and regret...
______________________________

It was there that Wriothesley died, the fatui and the man left, locking that room and leaving it underground, since the Fortress of Meropide was located at the bottom of the sea, they sent the room where Wriothesley died to underwater land.

Neuvillette still didn't know the news, he was sitting on his bed, worried about Wriothesley, while he was on a video call with Sigewinne, who was now 15 years old.
"Sigewinne, hello my daughter! How are your studies going?"
Asked Neuvillette with a smile, worried about his daughter and waiting for Wriothesley to return.

"Papa...my studies are going fine."
Sigewinne was speaking with excitement through the call, she seemed very happy to talk to him.

Neuvillette smiled when he heard his daughter's voice, he was happy to see that she was doing good.
"That's good to hear dear...I hope you're enjoying yourself."
He said with a kind smile on his face.
Neuvillette then spoke again, a little worried.
"I'm worried about your dad tough, he hasn't come to dinner neither did he answer my texts, I wonder if he's okay."

"I'm sure he's okay, maybe he has work at this time...he'll come back soon."
Sigewinne said reassuringly, she was always the optimistic one. She wasn't worried about Wriothesley not answering Neuvillette's texts. She was very sure that her father would come home soon.

Neuvillette sighed, he took a deep breath before speaking again.
"He doesn't even have a job, he only told me that they offered him one. Maybe he's still at the meeting, I don't know."
He said, worrying about his husband taking too long to come home.

"Hmm, you're right he could be still at the meeting. They might be busy."
Sigewinne said, sounding as hopeful as she could. There was no point in worrying about it right now, so she decided to stay positive instead.
"Don't worry papa...I'm sure he'll be home soon."
She smiled, then she saw the time. Her homework was waiting for her to be finished, and she was already late.
"I have to go now papa, my homework is waiting for me. I love you."

"You're right. I love you too sweetheart, good luck with school and have a good night."
Neuvillette said with a smile, waving to his daughter through the video call, his love for Sigewinne always increased.

Sigewinne nodded at her father, saying that she won't forget to send him a video message when she's done with homework. She hung up the call, and then immediately sat down to do her homework, she didn't want her dad to worry about her or be disappointed in her for not doing her homework. After that she went to her room and started to read all the history notes that were due to be submitted in a few days.

Neuvillette had difficulty sleeping, Wriothesley was not yet back. When he woke up the next day, he noticed that Wriothesley was still gone, but there was nothing he could do. He went to the Court of Fontaine as he had to work, and while he was filling out his documents, a worker came up to him and gave him documents about Wriothesley that had to be filled out.
"A criminal has just received the death sentence, please fill out the documents about the crimes he committed. Thank you Monsieur Neuvillette."
The man said, leaving after delivering the papers.

Neuvillette took a while to process what happened, he stared at the documents with a frozen expression, until he realized the reality of the situation. Outside it started to rain heavily, the fact that Neuvillette was the hydro dragon didn't help. He held back his tears as he stared at the papers.
"He died?"
Neuvillette whispered to himself.

There was nothing he could do but continue writing these documents. While he filled it out, the only thing he decided to do was stop for a while and send a message to Sigewinne to let her know the situation. Then he put his cell phone on the table and continued writing, not wanting to know anything else.

Sigewinne was waiting for Neuvillette's answer, it took a while until she heard him. This was unusual, and she started to question it.
"Is papa going on a journey?"
But she immediately realized the truth in the situation. Sigewinne dropped her phone and she started crying, she knew that her father wouldn't come back, she couldn't believe that. She was trying to process everything, but the fact started to sink in now.
"No...no...why him?"
She was sobbing, as she tried to accept the situation.

Neuvillette wrote the documents, his expression remained serious as he wrote down the crimes.
"Forgery of documents, false death, murder, fraud, abuse, bank robbery, murder, torture, gross negligence, sabotage, destruction of property, blackmail, conspiracy, obstruction of justice, jailbreak, illegal use of firearms, stalking..."
Neuvillette stopped writing, a single tear falling from his eye as he read the crimes and wrote the final sentence.
"Criminal Forgery."
He wrote, before his eyes filled with tears and he began to cry, leaving the pen on the table and putting his face in his hands, crying.
It was on that day that Neuvillette officially lost his husband, and could not attend his funeral as his body was destroyed in that room.

"Fontaine, the nation of water, which hasn't stopped raining for millions of years, ended up becoming a place that was flooded in several parts."

It was the title that Fontaine received, since from that day on, it never stopped raining.

_______________________

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed the book. Follow me for more books.
None of the arts there were mine, credits to the artists, characters are from Genshin Impact.
Cover art: Cheese__1023 on Twitter
Chapter art: 1231_0720 on Twitter

Support the author on:
Twitter: Loxermp
TikTok: Loxermp
Instagram: Loxermp

Fanfic by © Loxermp/2023.
"Criminal Forgery [Wriolette]"