⚖️/Chapter 20

Neuvillette then saw the results of the justice machine, he was surprised by the results.
But he soon understood why, and said...
___________________________

"Wriothesley...is guilty."
Everyone was shocked, since Wriothesley had 'saved' Fontaine from the primordial water, no one expected this.

Neuvillette's final verdict has been said, and the jury members could be heard gasping simultaneously.
"Guilty?"
A juror asked. Several murmur could be heard as well.

Wriothesley seems unbothered of the verdict given.

Wriothesley knew it was his fault, he was just annoyed that Neuvillette managed to figure out his plan.

Because the primordial water escaped from the site, it was all Wriothesley's doing.
It was a very dangerous subject, and if anyone were to be dissolved because of it it would pose an even greater problem, Wriothesley's audacity was enormous. He did this to Neuvillette to offer him the proposition that he would be innocent after 'helping', even if in reality it was all a plan.

Neuvillette's eyes didn't divert even just for a slight moment to look to somewhere else other than Wriothesley.
When he saw the reason on the justice machine, he was disappointed, and angry with Wriothesley, but his expression remained serious.

Wriothesley looked at Neuvillette when he declared him guilty with a serious expression.
He seemed a bit worried and nervous at that declaration, feeling guilty himself as he tried to find a way in his mind that could possibly help him. But when he heard the jurors and saw their reactions, he felt more guilty and more nervous.
"Your judgement is correct then, Neuvillette."
He said with a serious smile, but felt concerned as everyone gasped and murmured at the declaration of his guilt.

Neuvillette was even more surprised to see Wriothesley declare his guilt like it was nothing, it made him angry, but his expression remained serious.
He then spoke.
"Take him to Meropide."
He said.

"Your Honor."
Wriothesley spoke with a slight frown.
The jurors remained silent, as they were curious of what Wriothesley has to say about the final verdict.
Neuvillette's gaze quickly flickered back to him.

"...Sir, please. I have a request."
Wriothesley continued.

Neuvillette remained silent, waiting for him to continue speaking.

"If... I may ask one thing, Neuvillette."
Wriothesley took a few deep breaths and cleared his throat before asking the request.
"Could I just... speak with you privately about some things?"
He glanced at Neuvillette's eyes, as he seemed to want to speak privately to him for a few minutes before going to whatever place the court would send him to.

Neuvillette sighed and left the place he was in, opening the door to his office and letting Wriothesley enter.
They were both in private now, and Neuvillette didn't look convinced at all.

Wriothesley entered the office and closed the door behind him. He then looked at Neuvillette with a bit of guilt and a smile at the same time, trying to look cute.
"Thank you for allowing me to speak with you privately, Neuvillette."
He was a bit nervous as he talked, as this would be the first time he's gonna speak to Neuvillette in private. He didn't know what Neuvillette's reaction would be to his request as well.

Neuvillette nodded, looking at him, his expression somehow disappointed.

Wriothesley, in a swift move, bent down on one knee and looked up at Neuvillette.
"Chief Justice Neuvillette, my love..."
Wriothesley started in a soft voice,
"...will you marry me?"