FBI pt4

A/n: here yawl go.

Summary: pt4

Wc: 940

Warnings: mention of murder
----------
I sit in the office where JJ and I just interviewed the victims wife. My head is racing with thoughts.

"Y/n?" JJ says as she renters the room. I look at her and she takes a seat next to me.

"It's not Hailee, JJ. It can't be." I say shaking my head.

"Y/n it all points to her." JJ calmly states.

"No, no-there has to be an explanation." I mumble standing up.

"Y/n the necklace is hers-"

"-What? No it's not." I cut her of lying.

"I know you lied Y/n, we ran the necklace number and it traced back to your credit card-however we knew it wasn't yours since you have a picture on your Instagram that shows Hailee with the necklace and a caption: happy anniversary my love. It wasn't hard to put two and two together." JJ explains.

"I-m sorry I just-"

"I get why you lied Y/n. I would probably do the same if I was in your position." the blonde cuts me off, now standing right next to me. "We need to bring her in for questioning."

"I know." I sigh, feeling tears pool in my eyes.

"I'll call-"

"No wait" I cut her off."Can I bring her in? I don't want any police at our house or anything-I can bring her in quietly." JJ looks at me for a few seconds debating my plea. "Please J."

"Fine. I'll tell Emily what's happening." She sighs. "Go get out of here."

"Thank you." I say leaving the office and the building as quickly as I could.
------
"Y/n?" Hailee questions in confusion as I walk through the front door. "Why are you here so early my love?"

"I need you to come with me Hailee." I say, trying to show no emotion in my voice.

"What? Where?" She asks, walking closer to me.

"To the headquarters-for questioning." I explain.

"Questioning? What are you talking about Y/n?" Hailee chuckles in confusion.

"Hailee please just come with me." I plead.

"No, I wanna know why my own wife is basically arresting me!" The brunette raises her voice.

"You are a fucking suspect in a murder investigation!" I shout and Hailee finches at the sudden change of my tone. "Just please come with me darling, so we don't have millions of police cars here." I run a hand through my hair as Hailee takes a deep breath.

"Okay I'll come with you." She says.

"Thank you and I'm sorry." I say as she places her hands on my cheeks.

"It's ok my love. You're just doing your job." Hailee smiles. My hands find their way to her waist lulling her closer to me. She places a short soft kiss on my lips before letting me go and putting her shoes on.

"I'll wait in the car. I love you." I say opening the door.

"I love you too baby" The brunette says with a smile.
-------
Hailee is currently sitting in the interrogation room with handcuffs on her wrists. Even though I tried to protest and make them remove the handcuffs, Emily insisted since it's 'standard procedure'.

"Who's interviewing her?" I ask nervously.

"Emily." Spencer responds.

"There's no way it's her" I say watching my wife uncomfortably sit in the interrogation room. "It can't be her"

Just as those words left my mouth Emily opened the door to the interrogation room. Hailee's gaze shifts to the older woman as she offers a smile.

Emily sits down at the table the case file j  front of her.

"Hailee" she says opening the file. "You know why you're here right?"

"Not really."

"Well you are here because we believe that you had something to do with the murder of John Jones." Emily explains as Hailee nods. "I just wanna ask you a couple of questions."

"Yeah sure." Hailee nods.

"Did you know Mr. Jones?"

"Uh, yes I did. He worked with me for a couple of months." Hailee says. Her hands tug at the handcuffs and she flinches in pain. "Can you please remove these?"

"No, I'm sorry it's procedure." Emily says.

"I swear I'm gonna kill her." I say through gritted teeth.

"You know it's procedure Y/n." Spencer says.

"I don't fucking care. My wife is uncomfortable."  I say grabbing the handle of the door which leads into the interrogation room.

"Y/n—" Spencer tries to stop me but I enter the room, receiving a confused glance from Hailee and an angry stare from emily.

"Y/n what the fuck?" Emily says standing up. I ignore her and walk to my wife.

I take out keys from my pocket and lean down unlocking the handcuffs. Hailee sighs in relief rubbing her red wrists.

Emily glares at me angrily, ignoring her I take the handcuffs and stand at the back of the room signaling for her to continue.

"Thank you." Hailee smiles at me.

"Of course." I say.

"Y/n you can't be here." Emily says.

"I won't say a thing. Go on." I motion to her chair. She sits down in defeat.

My heart is beating out of my chest as I confidently lean on a back wall behind Emily.

"Where were you on the night of the murder?" Emily asks.
————
A/n: yes a cliffhanger. Love yall. Hope u enjoyed! Don't forget to comment and vote!

Also im super busy so if u requested something itll take time. Sorry abt that my loves.

Take care of urself and until next time stay safe byeeeee!