Cheating

A/n: draft cus i felt like posting. Anyhow yall hope u enjoy.

Summary: idk man. Read.

Wc: 777

Warnings: none i think
-----------------------
The door of mine and my wife's shared apartment opens. I look up from my phone and see my wife tiredly walk through the door.

She smiles at me shrugging off the jacket from her shoulders and hanging it. I stand up walking over to her.

As I approach her a strong smell of cologne enters my nose and I sigh.

"Hey babe." She says, wrapping her arms around me.

"Hi." I say, forcing a smile and hugging her back, the smell of cologne stronger and stronger.

Tears well in my eyes as I hold onto her. "You okay pretty girl?" She asks, pulling away from me and cupping my face with her hands.

A tear slips from my eyes and she wipes it away. "What's wrong my love?"

"I-" I look down avoiding her eyes. "Can you be honest with me?"

"Yeah, of course baby." She smiles.

"A-are you cheating on me?" I ask, meeting her eyes, she sighs.

"Y/n-"

"Just be honest." I cut her off. "Please."

"I-" She stops, averting her eyes from mine.

"Hailee just tell me." I say. "It's not the cheating that hurts-it's the lying Hailee." I look down, tears in my eyes. "I need to know. Please."

"I'm so sorry Y/n." She says. "I-didn't want it to happen. It-it just did."

"How long?" I ask.

"Y/n-"

"How fucking long Hailee?" I raise my voice. "Because judging by you being secretive and that cologne-that fucking cologne I would say 6 months at least."

"7 months." She looks down to the floor. "Today is 7 months."

"So that's why you're late again." I say, and she nods reluctantly.

"Listen, I'm sorry Y/n-"

"Is it Josh?" I cut her off.

"I-"

"Don't you dare lie to me Hailee." I say, stepping forward. "Is it Josh?"

"Yes. It is." She answers reluctantly.

"I knew it. I fucking knew it." I scoff turning around and running a hand through my hair.

"Y/n." She places a hand on my shoulder attempting to turn me around. I turn around brushing her hand off my shoulder.

"Don't touch me." I say through gritted teeth. "Do you love him?"

"I do."

"So these 5 years meant nothing to you?!" I increase my voice once again.

"No Y/n. These 5 years meant everything to me." She increases her voice as well. "And I love y-"

"No you don't." I scoff.

"I do love you Y/n." Hailee says.

"If you loved me." I take a step forward inches away from her face. "You wouldn't do this to me."

"I didn't want to baby." She takes a step back trying to take my hands into hers but I pull them away.

"Don't call me that."

"I'm sorry." She apologises.

"Get your stuff and get out." I sternly say.

"Okay." She sighs. "I really am sorry Y/n." She says passing me.

"Hailee?"

"Yeah?" She turns around facing me.

"You're pregnant aren't you?"

"H-how do you know?" She asks surprised.

"You've been wearing baggy clothes, you haven't let me touch you or see you naked for months and-" I pause feeling tears pour down. "and I found the pregnancy test in your car."

"Oh." Hailee says stunned. "Yeah, I'm pregnant. 2 months. I'm sorry."

"Well congratulations I guess." I sarcastically say.

"Y/n-"

"Just go Hailee." I cut her off. "I'll file for divorce in the morning."

"Okay." Hailee sighs in defeat disappearing in the halls of our apartment.

Tears fall from my cheeks like rain as I properly process what happened. I've known about her cheating for a few months now as I said there were numerous clues.

However I've never wanted to confront her since I love her, I wanted to hold into her for as long as possible but when that pregnancy test popped up I couldn't keep living in the fog which was our marriage.

I didn't want to believe that she cheated.  I especially didn't want it to be Josh.

She walks down to stairs a backpack across her shoulder.

"I'll come for the rest of it tomorrow. I just don't wanna bother you anymore." She says grabbing her coat which she hung up when entering our apartment.

"Okay." I say wiping tears away. "Goodbye Hailee."

"Goodbye Y/n." she says walking out of the apartment.
-----------
A/n: thank you for reading!don't forget to comment and vote! I love you. Until next time take care of urself and stay safe byeeeeee!