Chapter 6

Demi’s POV:

We all sat in the living room. Niall and I were sitting next to each other; Louis and Eleanor were on the loveseat across from us, and Liam and Danielle were sitting next to us. Zayn and Harry were on the floor.

We were talking about my new single, Heart Attack. I scrolled though my playlist on my phone looking for my single. Then I remembered: Phil, my manager, said that I couldn’t have it until it was released because it could get leaked before March 3rd.

I groaned with annoyance, “I just remembered that Phil my manager said that I had to take it off of my phone because I couldn’t risk getting it leaked.”

“That’s understandable.” Liam said.

He looked really happy with Danielle. I could tell that what they shared, even despite past rumors, had always been love.

Louis and Eleanor were just hilarious! They were both had sass and are literally a female and male version of each other. I noticed that Louis never looked away from his beautiful girlfriend. All she could do was look right back at him. They were in what I would like to call, love.

“Demi,” Eleanor said with her cute British accent, “Why don’t you sing it for us?”

I looked at Niall, who had his hands are wrapped tightly around me. “Yeah, I would love for the famous, beautiful and talented Demi Lovato to perform for us.”

I blushed as I smiled at him.

“Yeah Demi!” Harry said excitedly, “We can have our own little private concert!”

“Um, I guess I can sing it for you guys.”

There were cheers from everyone. Niall got up and ran to the music room getting his guitar. He handed it to me. “Are you sure?” I asked.

“Yeah, of course.”

Zayn got me a stool and I sat down on it tuning the guitar. I began strumming as I sung, “Putting my defenses up, cuz I don’t wanna fall in love. If I ever did that, I think I’d have a heart attackkk…”

I sung the first verse easily. I had just recorded this song a few weeks ago, so I was surprised I knew it so well. “You make me glow, but I cover up, won’t let it show, so I’m… Puttin’ my defenses up, ‘cause I don’t wanna fall in love.  If I ever did that, I think I’d have a heart attackkk. I think I’d have a heart attackkkk. I think I’d have a heart attack.”

I sung the second verse, chorus, and bridge.

Now it was time for the final chorus and my signature high note. “You make me glow, but I cover up, won’t let it show. So I’m, puttin’ my defenses up, ‘cause I don’t wanna fall in love.  If I ever did that, I think I’d have a heart attackkkkkkkkkkk! I think I’d have a heart attackkk… I think I’d have a heart attackkk… Oh! I think I’d have a heart attackkk! I think I’d have a heart attackkk. I think I’d have a heart attack.”

There were rounds of applause from everyone. I looked over at Niall, who was… speechless. I stood up and did a cheesy bow. “Demi, that was amazing!” Eleanor exclaimed.  

“Thank you.” I said.

“I did not know you could sing like that miss powerhouse! You literally filled the whole house with your voice!” Zayn said amazed.

“Really? Thanks Zayn.”

I was used to all the compliments and stuff, but I couldn’t help but feel weird. “Well,” Danielle said, “I’m going to be the first one to buy that song on iTunes!”