Chapter 9

Niall’s POV:

 I woke up to Harry’s voice. “Hi! Are you awake yet?” He whispered.

I groaned as he shook me. I opened my eyes slightly getting annoyed. I felt a warm body curled up next to me and I remembered the events from last night.

I peeked down at Demi, who was still sleeping. She looked like an angel.

“Yay you’re awake! Harry exclaimed.

Harry’s face was ridiculously cute like a… cupcake. That nickname kept on fitting him better and better.

Demi giggled next to me and I realized that she had been acting like she was asleep.

“What do ya want Harry?” I yawned.

“I made breakfast.”

I perked up at the mention of food. “Give us a minute will you? We’ll be down soon.”

Harry smirked and then winked at me as he exited the room. What was that supposed to mean?

Demi yawned and stretched her arms. Oh, that’s what he meant. He thought we… He thought we—you know.

I looked down at her to meet those beautiful brown eyes.

She held my gaze for a moment then looked away. “You know,” I say, “You don’t have to be embarrassed about last night. When you’re ready.”

Demi bit her lip. “It’s not really that… it’s—it’s… I’m afraid of falling in love. I’m scared to get my heart broken, I’m scared that this—us—will turn into a nightmare just like all those times before. I’m scared that—“

“Demi, you don’t have to tell me any of this. Like I said, when you’re ready.”

She just stared, which made me laugh. “C’mon, Harry made breakfast. He’s probably wondering where we are.”

I slid out of bed and offered her my hand. She took it and I pulled her down the stairs.

Demi’s POV:

Niall’s words wrung though my brain. When you’re ready, he had told me.

At first I thought he was talking about us having sex, but I realized that he was talking about me falling in love. When you’re ready.

I was sitting at the table with Harry, Niall, and Liam eating breakfast, which Harry had gotten up to make. I wasn’t surprised at all when I found out that it was a bowl of cereal and those ready-to-bake biscuits. It’s wasn’t a continental breakfast, but I have to admit, the biscuits weren’t bad.

Niall had given me a pair of shorts before we had walked downstairs because I was only in the grey t-shirt he had let me wear after everything that happened last night.

I felt a slight amount of heat flood to my cheeks as I remembered what had almost happened last night.

“Where are Louis and Zayn?” I asked.

“They spent the night with their girlfriends.” Liam chuckled.

I let a small laugh escape my mouth then pulled out my phone. I scrolled down my notifications on Twitter and replied to a few fans. I looked at the time in the top right corner. It was 10:13 a.m.

“So what are we going to do today?” I asked hopefully.

“We could go to the fair!” Exclaimed Harry.