Chapter 17

Demi’s POV:

I haven’t heard from Wilmer after our fight and honestly I was getting worried. It’s been two-and-a-half weeks.  I want everything to be okay between us. I don’t want him to be mad at me, I want him to love me and hold me. The lyrics from “I Hate You, Don’t Leave Me” came into my head but I pushed them out.

Last night was the release “DEMI” I’m so excited for all the fans, who haven’t heard it already, to hear it. The only problem I was going to be getting a lot of phone calls from friends and family. Not that getting calls from my friends and family is bad, I just don’t want to get a call from certain people…  I started twisting the wishbone necklace around my finger, which only brought memories of Niall. I sighed loudly still not knowing what to do.

It was only 10 a.m. and the calls and texts were coming in. I had already gotten one from Joe and Nick and Marissa had called and talked to me for a while. I was sitting on the couch with Madison at my parents’ house answering congratulation texts.  I checked the time on my phone; 11:32 a.m. Niall would probably call soon.  Just as I had thought it, my phone began to ring and his face came up on the screen. The call I'd been dreading

From the kitchen, my father shouted, “C’mon guys! We’re going to lunch!”

Madison hopped up, but I stayed seated. “Tell them I’ll be there in a minute.” She nodded and walked off.

I answered the phone. “Hello?”

“Demi? Uh, hi,” I smiled into the receiver, “I was just calling to congratulate you on DEMI. It’s really good.”

An overwhelming desire to be with him came over me. “Thank you… uh, I miss you.” My mother shouted that they were leaving and I could hear the commotion on the other end of the line.

“I miss you too.” He told me.

“I’m sorry Niall, but I have to go. I’ll talk to you later.” Then I hung up the phone. I walked out the back door and hopped into the back of my dad’s car with Madison. The entire car ride, while the three of them were talking and laughing, I stared out the window. Everything was wrong. Niall is my boyfriend yet all I could think of was Wilmer.

Even after the server had brought out our food I didn’t really eat it. “What’s wrong honey?” my mother asked rubbing my back.

“Just stressed.” I told her.

She nodded, but I knew I wasn’t fooling her like I used to. After rehab, she could always tell when something was wrong and always made me come clean. I knew that sooner or later I would be spilling the beans.

Once we had finished and gotten home, I dove back to my place. As I opened up the door, there was Wilmer. He was holding a bouquet of roses and was wearing a shirt I had gotten him for his birthday last year. “Wilmer.” I said relieved.

“I’m sorry I left like I did last time I was here.”

“It’s okay.” Wilmer inched his way towards me and now he had his arms wrapped around my waist. I breathed in his manly sent of cologne.  

“I love you.” He told me.

I didn’t say it back because I didn’t want to lie to him. I didn’t know my feelings and I didn’t know how to feel. Was I supposed to love him and trust him? Or was I supposed to be in love with Niall? I love Niall, but am I in love with him? Those are the questions I keep on asking myself and I keep on kicking myself in the ass for letting a love triangle form.

Wilmer has been there for me and supported my decisions, but so has Niall. I think what it really comes down to is distance, but isn’t my love like a star? I’m so confused.

Wilmer stayed the rest of the day and we had dinner together.  I fell asleep on his shoulder while watching “Another Cinderella Story” just like I used to.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

[A/N: OMG DO YOU KNOW HOW SORRY I AM FOR THE SUCKY CHAPTER AND BEING TERRIBLE AT UPDATING!?!? You all probably hate me, but it would mean SO much if you voted, commented, fanned, followed, and told your friends about my story (God, that's a lot of stuff i'm requesting sorry)! I hoped you enjoyed this terrible chapter! I love you -Morgan]