Chapter 20

Hello Wattpad! Here’s chapter 20 for you guys! Thank you for all the support and beautiful comments. I’m sad to say that this story will be ending soon): two more chapters left (well, technically three)!

Demi’s POV:

On the drive back to the airport, I received a text:

Niall: You didn’t change. Your feelings did.

That when the tears started to come. I kept on screaming inside of my head. This is what I wanted wasn’t it?! Then why does it hurt so bad?

“Are you okay Ms. Lovato?” asked my driver. I nodded my head. I knew my voice would crack if I said anything. The limo pulled to a stop and I looked out of the window at the plane I would be taking. Time to go home…

I thanked my driver and stepped aboard the plane, hiding my face under my hood. I didn’t really want people asking me why I was crying. It would be too hard to explain and I couldn’t tell anyone anyway. I stared out of the window as my jet moved into action. All I could think about was Niall and I’s breakup. It replayed over and over again in my head. Why was I so sad? It was what I wanted so I could be with Wilmer.

I looked down at my tear-soaked lap. Had I really been crying that much? At that moment, I realized why I had become so depressed about my decision: I had just lost one of my best friends. I’ve probably ruined things with him. Nothing feels… right anymore.

“Are you sure I made the right decision, Wilmer?” we were both sitting on the couch in Wilmer’s house. He had an arm wrapped around my shoulders.

“Mmhm.” He mumbled into my neck. I could tell he wanted sex really badly, but I don’t think I could handle that kind of intimacy right now.

I pushed him off of me. “Wilmer.”

He rolled his eyes. “Of course you made the right decision! We can be together now right? You made a sacrifice for us. Now can we please take this to my bedroom? I want to do you hard.”

I sighed. “If that’s what you want.”

Niall’s POV:

It was morning now, but there’s no way I’m getting out of bed. I was really depressed. Of course I had to work this afternoon, but as long as I didn’t have to get out of bed, I wasn’t going to. I stared at the ceiling as a tear slipped from my eye. What did I do wrong? Was it the sex? Maybe my dick isn’t big enough for her? Or maybe I said something wrong when we were together…

I felt a sudden amount of weight at the foot of my bunk and peaked over my sheets. It was Harry. “I don’t feel like it right now.” I warned.

“I know… I just want to tell you that we’re going to go get something to eat if you want to come.”

“I don’t think even food could make me feel better right now.”

Harry’s POV:

Food couldn’t make Niall feel better right now?! This was a first. He must be pretty heartbroken. I looked at him with sad eyes wishing I could make my best mate happy again. “Well, just call one of us if you need anything.” I told him.