Epilogue

Demi’s POV:

I woke up from my restless sleep with a sad sigh. Today was Niall’s wedding.

He was getting married to model, Zoe Whelan. He had promised that he wouldn’t ever marry a model. He promised all of us; his family, me, the boys, and all those Directioners.

I tear squeezed out of my eye and my body racked over with one large sob. I forced myself to get out of bed. I looked out the window and saw green… all over. I remembered that I was in Ireland. Zoe had demanded that I not attend the wedding, and it took a lot of convincing, but I was going.

Eleanor, Perrie, and Danielle insisted that I go. They made me fly myself out here, pack a pretty, dress, makeup, shoes, you know, all that wedding stuff.

To be honest, I would rather be at my home in L.A. moping around eating away the pain with a gallon chocolate ice cream.

I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle the sight of my best friend marring the wrong person.

I dragged myself into the shower and then remembered that I still had my pajamas on. I took the soaking clothes off and put them in the sink.

I’m really out of it this morning.

I heard the door to my hotel room slam shut. At first, I thought that someone had broken in, but soon remembered that I had given Dani the other key.

I turned off the shower and wrapped my naked body in a towel. I told myself that I would stay strong. I wouldn’t cry. If Niall was happy then I was happy.

I walked out of the bathroom and was greeted my three girls, who were already made up and ready to go. They looked at me as if weighing how I was handling all of it.

Be Strong, I told myself. I plastered a smile on my face only for it to turn into a frown. I looked at them blankly as I tear rolled down my cheek.

“Demi…” Eleanor said as she embraced me in a hug. The others did the same.

***

After a moment of this, I straightened up. “C’mon I have a wedding to crash." I sat in the very back corner of the large church, invisible to most. Everyone is in their pretty pastel gowns, walking around greeting others. Most of them, I noticed, had Irish accents.

The old fashioned organ began to play that terrible traditional song, which sounded like a death march. Everyone sat down and became quiet.

I looked up to Niall who was waiting at the altar. Sweet, nice, beautiful Niall was getting married to a witch today. If Niall is happy, you’re happy, I reminded myself.

He’s barley even 25. Why is he doing this to himself? One Direction still has a long career ahead of them. Why is he throwing all that away? He knows that Zoe will want him home and will throw fits when he has to leave for tours and such, so why is he getting married? My only guess is that there is something that I don’t know.

Next to him stood his four best men, Louis, Zayn, Harry, and Liam. They were all dressed in identical suits, with pink ties.

I think I cried fifteen times, while the girls were getting me ready earlier today. They put me in a beautiful purple dress and curled my long hair loosely. I ruined my makeup twice, which left the four of us thirty minutes late.

Behind the closed doors, separating the sanctuary and the hallway, I heard a loud scream then a ring of insults. There is not a doubt in my mind that those came from Zoe.