Chapter 19

HEY WATTPAD!! I updated Nightingale in a week and I'm SUPER proud of myself! hahaha! I hope you enjoy this chapter (but you probably wont so please don't hate me).

Thank you for all the support and for the 16.3k reads and (almost) 300 votes! it means so much to me!

~-~-~-~-~-~

Niall’s POV:

Demi and I have arranged to meet up after the boy’s and I’s concert in New York this afternoon. When she called, she said that she needed to tell me something and that it needed to be in person. When your girlfriend says she needs to talk to you, you should get worried. It could either make you the happiest person in the world or the saddest.

My heart wouldn’t stop pounding in my chest. “What’s wrong Niall?” Louis said coming up behind and giving me a pat on the back. I was sitting on the edge of the stage with Calum and Ashton on my left. I looked up at Louis. I spilled my beans to Louis and of course all the boys (including 5SOS) knew my problem.

All nine of us were sitting in our dressing room. “Well you can’t really do anything about it.” Zayn told me.

“Yeah, you’ll just have to wait and see.” added Calum.

Luke, who was sitting next to me, nudged me with his shoulder. “What?”

He held out his phone to me. It was an online article with the headline, “Demi and Wilmer Back Together?” My eyes narrowed as I took the phone from his hand reading it. I scrolled through pictures of them together recently. I gave the phone back to Luke and looked across the room with a sad smile on my face.  Harry took a hold of my shoulders. “You can’t believe everything that you hear—or read—all they want is drama.”

I nodded, but everything was starting to make sense now. It was all clicking inside of my head. Demi had been acting weird and now I know why. I was hurt no doubt about that.

The rest of the day, all I did was mope around. Everyone tried to make me feel better. It helped a little bit. I wasn’t excited anymore about tonight, but I swore to fight for her and that’s what I’m going to do.

Demi’s POV:

I boarded the private jet, which my stepfather had arranged to fly me to New York. I was nervous. I don’t want to break his heart, but that’s exactly what I was about to do.

Three hours later, I had arrived in New York. I took a deep breath. I could do this. As I exited the jet, thanking my pilot, I checked the time. It was 8:37. That meant I had three hours until we were supposed to meet up. What was I going to do? A black convertible pulled up and I stepped inside.

“Where to miss?” I thought about it. Where did I want to go? I was too nervous to eat and I had slept on the plane so I didn’t feel like sleeping. I would only be here for a few hours so there was no need for a hotel.

“Surprise me.” I told him.

“I’m sorry miss, but I don’t understand. Surprise you?”

“Yes. Take me anywhere.” I chuckled.