005: dinner date

When I reached downstairs and headed towards the dining table, I was surprised to see dinner neatly presented on top of the table. In fact, it almost looked fancy with the way Theo had arranged everything. Two plates were kept at the opposite ends of the table along with cutlery and folded napkins.

"Where's Adrien?" I asked Theo, once he returned from the kitchen with a container and placed it on the centre of the table.

"He said he already ate out with his friends. So, it's just you and me." He sent me a quick smile that showed the dimple on his left cheek and it made my stomach flip. He then pulled out a chair for me to sit.

"I could have done that myself," I said with a roll of my eyes, to mask the way his innocent smile made me feel all warm inside.

"I know. But that wouldn't have been gentlemanly of me," Theo said smoothly.

He took a seat from across me after he served me the dish which looked like... creamy pasta? I grabbed a forkful of it and put it into my mouth. That's when I realised it was garlic chicken pasta. Across from me, Theo was looking at me expectantly and hadn't touched his food yet.

"So, what do you think?"

"It's okay," I said plainly even though it was a complete lie. It tasted so, so delicious that I couldn't even believe he had cooked it himself. It tasted like it came straight out of a restaurant. Not that I would ever admit that to him.

"Just okay?" Theo scoffed. "I know it's more than 'okay', Princess. I've been told I'm incredibly good with my hands," he said coolly and started to eat his food.

I ignored the subtle innuendo and continued to silently eat my dinner. But seriously though, each time I took a bite of the pasta, I nearly moaned in satisfaction because of how good it tasted. Key word being nearly. Because can you imagine the embarrassment I would feel if I accidentally let out a moan in front of Theo just because his pasta tastes so good?

But of course, Theo decided to end the silence and pull me out of my thoughts when he said, "Doesn't it feel like a date?"

I nearly choked on my food upon hearing his sudden comment. "No, it doesn't," I said, taking a sip of water.

"Yes, it does. We're just missing the candles. Other than that it's like a romantic dinner date."

"It's not a date and it is no way near romantic."

It was taking everything in me to not roll my eyes at every word that left his mouth. Has he pledged to get under my skin every chance he gets? And why am I even allowing him to affect me? Ugh.

"Is that a complaint or a challenge?" Theo smirked at me. When I didn't reply, he continued, "I mean, I could totally take you out to a real one if you'd like."

"Hmm, that's funny because Adrien will kill you if he finds out about you flirting with me." I gave him a sickeningly sweet smile. And it's not a lie. My older brother is very protective of me.

"You didn't object to the idea of me taking you out on a date, though." Theo remarked.

"In your dreams," I said with a huff.

"Are you asking me to dream of you, Princess?" He asked with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"I-" but the words died in my throat because what do I say to that? I couldn't think of a single snide comment to throw his way. And it is unlike me to even engage in conversation with someone I barely know, if you can even call it that, let alone get into banters. "You're unbelievable," I finally said with a shake of my head.

******

After dinner ended, I stayed back to do the dishes since it is only fair, seeing as Theo cooked for the both of us. He did insist on helping me but I denied. As I did the dishes and dried them, I could feel his gaze on me the entire time. He was leaning against the kitchen counter and observing me intensely. But I chose not to bring that up.

After that was done, I turned off the kitchen lights and left the room. Theo, too, left the kitchen after me and followed right behind me through the stairs. Even though our bodies weren't physically touching, I could feel the heat radiating off of him. The scent of his strong cologne wafted through my nostrils and I had to make sure to not lose a footing on the stairs. His scent was almost addictive. Our proximity was making me feel dizzy.

'What is happening to me?'

As soon as I reached upstairs, I quickly ran into my room and shut the door behind me. Pressing my back against the closed door, I put a hand on my chest to calm down my heart that was beating so rapidly. I couldn't bear to be in his intense presence anymore. If he thought anything about my weird behaviour, I couldn't care less. The more pressing problem for me was trying to fall asleep tonight.