034: movie night

I have been studying for four hours straight and my back is killing me now. And I can no longer seem to concentrate on the words in front of me. I slam the laptop shut and get up from my chair, streching my arms above my head until I feel some of the stress leaving my aching body. I hastily pack away my pen and notebook, and clean the desk.

Theo had grumpily left me to study when I asked him to, resorting to his room the whole afternoon. He has gotten incredibly clingy and always demands my undivided attention. Not that I am complaining. But what keeps me on my toes is the risk of Adrien walking in on us during a compromising situation.

It is now a little after seven in the evening and a realisation hits me that I spent most of my weekend studying for the finals. Our exams are in two weeks and I can't catch a breath till I'm feeling confident in my preparation. But I also know that I need to take a much deserved break after studying for so long.

And besides, I miss Theo and I could use this break as an excuse to spend some time with him.

I walk out of my room and cover the short distance leading to his-which is right next to mine. I knock on his door before twisting the door knob and pushing it open slightly.

My eyes immediately land on Theo, who is sitting on the bed, back resting against the headboard. His face visibly lights up when he notices me standing by his door, making me feel giddy on the inside.

"Hey, Princess." Theo puts his phone aside and gets up from the bed. He walks up to me and drops a kiss on my forehead. "Are you done studying?"

"Yup." I smile, heart fluttering at his habit of always kissing me on the forehead whenever he sees me. "Do you wanna watch a movie?"

"Of course. Do I get to pick?"

******

"Are you even watching?"

The smooth baritone of Theo's voice pulls me out of my thoughts and I realise I was spacing out yet again. I get reminded of our current position on the couch and the movie How to Train Your Dragon playing on the TV in front of us.

"Oh, uhm, yeah." I blink a couple of times to refocus my vision on the screen in front of us. My head is resting on Theo's arm and he is spooning me from behind. His other hand is hugging me by my waist.

We have been watching the movie for over an hour and I keep getting sidetracked by my thoughts. I have already seen the movie before and I know what happens in it. But that's not why I'm getting distracted, though. Because in all honesty, I could watch animated movies a hundred times over and still not get bored of them.

But what is, however, keeping me from paying attention to the movie is the phone call that Theo had gotten the other day. And my mind keeps whirring back to it. I clearly remember how stiff he became when he received the call. But afterwards, he was back to normal and acted as if nothing had happened. I didn't ask him anything about it because I figured it isn't my place to question him on it.

But that doesn't mean I stopped thinking about it.

"Are you sure?" Theo's hand slowly creeps under my t-shirt and starts to trace invisible patterns on my belly. "You've been doing that a lot these days."

I furrow my brows in confusion and turn my head to look up at him. "Doing what?"

"You know, zoning out." Theo studies my face carefully before saying, "Clearly something is going on in that head of yours, Princess. Tell me what is bothering you."

"It's nothing." I give him a small smile and hope it would be enough to convince him.

"Hmm sure."

'Oh, great. He definitely bought it, Amy,' I bitterly think to myself.