010: caught

The sound of my alarm going off startles me awake from my dreamless sleep. After turning it off, I sit up on the bed and memories of last night immediately comes crashing into my mind. I think about the way it felt so good to be pressed against Theo, the feel of his warm lips on my skin and the way he was gripping my waist. My skin tingles in a pleasant way just from remembering his lips on my skin. I bite my bottom lip and involuntarily press my thighs together.

Shaking my head to get rid of my thoughts, I move the covers aside and get up to get ready for the day. It is Sunday today, so no rush to start my day yet, and I kind of want to go back to sleep. But I know I won't catch sleep again.

Streching my arms over my head, I walk into the en suite bathroom and my gaze immediately lands on the mirror on the wall in front of me. Stepping closer to the mirror, a small gasp leaves my mouth as I take in my appearance. A large red bruise is covering the left side of my neck while there is a faint bite mark on the other side. 'I almost forgot about the hickey Theo left last night.'

I raise my left hand to my neck and lightly graze my fingertips over the mark. It is so weird to think that I still haven't had my first kiss but I've got a hickey on my neck. Looks like I'll either have to wear a turtleneck today or cover it up with foundation. And well...that's a problem for later. First, I need to take a shower.

Wrapping a towel around myself after showering, I step in front of the mirror once again to go through my basic skincare routine. When I look up at the mirror after rinsing my face and pat drying it with a face towel, my eyes meet with Theo's blue ones in the mirror. 'When the hell did he get in here?'

I blink rapidly, thinking that I might be imagining him. But nope. Theo is very much leaning against the bathroom's door frame and checking me out with a smirk on his face. I clutch the towel around my chest instinctively and spin around to face him.

"Theo...y-you shouldn't be here."

He doesn't respond. Instead, he smiles and crosses his arms in front of his chest. His eyes seem to take me in which causes a shiver to run down my spine. His biceps bulge under his streching t-shirt, the same one he was wearing last night.

"Theo," I say again, warningly. At this point, my heart rate has already picked up its pace. 'Why do I always get so nervous around him?'

He uncrosses his arms and stands upright. Then, he walks into the bathroom towards me. Within an instant, Theo is standing in front of me with his hands resting on the counter behind me, caging me in. This very much feels like the repeat of previous night and my breathing becomes erratic.

"Theo–"

I try again, but he presses his index finger to my lips, shutting me up. He then moves his hand to my neck and trails his finger over the mark he left there.

"It looks good on you. Don't you think?" Theo says lowly.

I can only nod in response. Everytime Theo gets this close to me, my brain just shuts off. My body starts to feel like it's on fire and my heart might just leap out of my chest with the way it beats so rapidly. I start to grow conscious of the fact that only a towel is wrapped around me and there is a gap of mere inches between our bodies.

"Does it hurt?" Theo asks, touching the bite mark next. But before I could respond, he continues, "Maybe I should kiss it better."

He inches his face closer to my neck and I contemplate about stopping him at this point. I really should stop him and ask him to leave. But I don't, just like I didn't last night. I close my eyes and wait for the moment he kisses me again.

But the moment never comes.

Growing impatient rather quickly, I open my eyes to look at him but Theo isn't here anymore. 'Huh?' I look around the space but no trace of him. He left me just like that? But I didn't hear him leaving...