009: hickey

[warning: nsfw content ahead]

The prospect of me possibly liking Noah is a bit terrifying, if I'm being completely honest with myself. At the same time, it could also be that I am confusing my feelings of liking him only as a friend with that of liking him as more than a friend. And I hate myself for not knowing what I really want. So, to say that my mind is a mess would not be a wrong statement.

And I definitely do not need Theo to add on to my confusion. Not to mention the fact that I still haven't forgotten about our encounter from that night. The night he was wrapped only in a towel. The night he had me caged to the wall. The night where I was so damn close to kissing him because he is that irresistible. God, I really need to get rid of the mental picture of him half naked.

Which is why my number one objective right now is to avoid Theo. Yep, ignore him and his teasing looks. Ignore him and his ridiculously handsome face. Ugh. I can't even look at him now without getting a flashback of his solid chest and those impeccable abs...

And Theo knows it. Oh, he knows it. Because he always has a knowing smirk on his lips whenever we make eye contact. It's like he can read my thoughts. Just thinking about him sending me a teasing look makes me want to slap that stupid smirk off his face.

However, my plan of ignoring Theo was not going very well. I didn't plan much, or anything at all, about how I will be able to avoid crossing paths with him, since we live under the same roof. It is even more so impossible when his room is right next to mine. Hell, I have to face him everytime I have breakfast and dinner.

So I have been skipping meals at home lately, ordering takeouts or eating outside, instead. I mostly make the excuse of not being hungry whenever Adrien asks me to join them. I know it isn't the smartest idea, but it is what I can pull for now. I just hope Theo doesn't catch on to my lies.

******

I wake up at night from my sleep by the sudden feeling of my throat feeling very dry. I turn to my side and blindly reach for the switch of my bedside lamp. Turning it on, I sit up and look for water, only to find the bottle empty. Rubbing my eyes to get rid of the sleep, I remove the blanket from me and reach for my phone that was kept on charging. 3.12 AM, it read.

Grabbing the empty water bottle from the table in one hand, I get up from my bed to head downstairs. I glance down at my clothing, which is an oversized black t-shirt that barely reaches upto my mid thighs and an underwear beneath it. Everyone is asleep right now so I don't think much about my choice of clothes.

Everything is so quite at this hour of the night that I almost ditch going downstairs alone, thinking to myself that I'm not that thirsty. But, my need to drink water overpowers my fear.

When I reach downstairs, the only sound that was filling the area is the soft hum of the refrigerator. Entering into our kitchen, I place the empty bottle on the counter before grabbing a glass and filling it with water. I take one sip out of my glass but it doesn't taste nearly satisfying.

I walk towards the fridge next, and open the freezer section to grab a tray of ice. As I turn around to get back to my glass of water, a horrified shriek leaves my mouth. 

"Y-you scared me," I say to Theo, who is now standing in front of me. I place a hand on my chest to calm my racing heart. 'When did he get here? Is he a vampire or something?'

Theo narrows his blue eyes and looks at me pointedly. "You've been ignoring me," he says, his voice sounding accusatory.

'Well, shit.'

"What?" I attempt a fake laugh. The look in his eyes is scaring me a little bit. He seems so mad right now, beyond pissed. But then again, why does he care? "I don't know what you're talking about," I say, avoiding his eyes.