025: yours

[warning: nsfw content ahead]

Theo captures my lips in a fiery kiss. He nips on my bottom lip until it snaps back. His warm hands slip underneath my top, gliding over my skin and eliciting a whimper from me. Eventually, his hands rest just above my waist. His thumbs stroke my sides and I feel electricity shooting through my nerves. He swipes his tongue across my bottom lip and when I part my lips, his tongue swiftly enters into my mouth.

His kiss is addictive and my head feels like it's spinning. I shift on top of Theo, trying to get more comfortable on his strong thighs, as he tilts his head to the side and deepens the kiss. He groans into my mouth when I continue to shift and firmly holds me by my waist to still me. I break apart from his lips when my lungs burn with the lack of oxygen and rest my forehead on his, the both of us breathing heavily.

"What is it?" Theo asks quietly as he holds the back of my head with his large hand and massages it gently.

"Hm?" I have my eyes closed, still trying to catch my breath.

"Something's off," he says. "...You're quiet today."

I breathe out a laugh and open my eyes to look at him. "I'm always quiet, Theo." I give him a sheepish smile. "I don't talk much with people, anyway."

"No," he says. "But you're quieter than usual today." He tucks my hair behind my ear and cups my jaw softly to get my full attention. "You talk to me."

My breath stutters when I see the intensity in his gaze. Why does he have to know me so well? I was hoping he wouldn't bring it up again. And what do I even tell him? That a guy has probably caught feelings for me because I didn't directly reject him sooner? Or that my best friend is dead set on trying to make something happen that isn't there?

Well, I don't particularly care what Sarah thinks or wants. What I'm worried about is that I need to have a talk with Noah before it gets too late. Should I text him to meet up somewhere? Or should I just confront him in school?

The soft stroke of Theo's thumb over my cheekbone brings me back to reality. I meet his eyes again and find him already looking at me with an expectant look, awaiting an answer.

"You are not people," I mutter quietly when I finally remember what he'd said earlier.

"What am I, then?"

"You are..." I shrug. "I don't know. I like spending time with you just as much as I like to be left alone." I card my fingers through his hair absentmindedly and Theo smiles up at me. My stomach flips at the sight of his pretty smile and that damn dimple.

'And that is a big deal for me.' But I don't tell him that.

I don't feel that way about Sarah's company even though I call her my best friend. Does that make me a bad friend? And if I'm being completely honest to myself, it sometimes feels like a lot being her friend. I know she cares about me, but I really need her to stop saying that I like Noah. I know my feelings better than she does. So, how could she even suggest that I love him?

"I like spending time with you, too, Princess." Theo plants a kiss on my forehead. "Now," he shifts us so that I am suddenly being laid on top of the mattress.

I stare up at him in confusion when he gets off of me. "Get some sleep," he says.

Theo turns around to leave and my body momentarily tenses. An unknown feeling bubbles inside my chest and I quickly catch his wrist, causing him to halt in his steps. Theo looks back at me with a raised brow and an amused look on his face.

"Stay the night?" I ask him, my eyelids feeling heavy as I force them open to peer up at him.

"I shouldn't," Theo replies.