028: phone call

Theo's POV

Gripping the railing in front of me tighter, I look up at the night sky. My eyes finding only a few visible stars, most of them shrouded by the clouds. I breathe in deeply, holding my breath for a while, before exhaling. The balcony of my room has become my favourite spot, especially at night time. It is decorated with small potted plants and looks out to the backyard.

Any other night, and I would have found myself relaxing. Breathing in the fresh air whilst looking out at the undisturbed view in front of me. But not tonight. Because my Princess isn't home. She's away on her friend's birthday party. And I wouldn't have been much worried for her, if it weren't for what happened the last time she went to a party. Or rather, what might have happened if me and Adrien hadn't gotten there just in time.

And I'm really trying not to think too much about it. Telling myself that I have the location with me, and she even promised to call me if anything troubles her. I also don't want to have any negative thoughts in fear that it might come true. And yet, I'm constantly finding myself checking my phone every now and then, contemplating on going there and getting her home.

It's not like I don't want her to go out and have fun with her friends. What is worrying me is the fact that it has been fifteen minutes and she still hasn't replied to my text. This is starting to unnerve me because for the past hour, she has been actively responding to my texts to pass her time, not wanting to have to socialize with others.

Of course I know by now that she hates socialising, and doesn't even open up to anyone, let alone trust them. Her brother is a bit overprotective of her and honestly, I don't blame him. She doesn't have a mother. So naturally, being the youngest, she'd be really precious to her father and brother. The both of them wanting to take care of her in the best way possible.

But I'm not too sure about her friends, though. I haven't met or personally know them. And I can't shake the feeling that Princess doesn't have the best of company. She was all alone at the party last time when she especially needed someone. And there's also this guy I don't like. The one that she was with in the club. And he might also be there at the party tonight. My jaw tightens at the thought of him trying something on her.

I close my eyes when my thoughts become too loud inside my mind. Fuck, I need to stop overthinking so much. Of course she'd be okay. She said it herself that she's been to her friend's house several times before.

I open my eyes and fish out my phone from the pocket of my sweatpants. Turning on the screen, I skim through the new notifications. None of them from my Princess. I sigh to myself before turning it off once again.

Turning to my right, my eyes land on the reading chair at the far end of the balcony, and I make my way towards it.

'This should be in her room,' I think to myself while sitting down on it. She loves reading. Almost always found with a book in her hand. I think she reads romance novels. The front page often has an illustration of a couple.

My thoughts wander back to her and an uneasy feeling settles low in my stomach. Is she okay? Why hasn't she replied yet? She told me she'd stay away from drinks and promised not to accept anything from strangers. The coil in my stomach tightens with each new question forming in my mind.

Everything was going pretty well for the past hour. But she stopped responding all of a sudden. She hasn't even seen the last text I sent her. Could her phone be on silent mode? Or maybe she's driving back home and hasn't checked her phone. But even still, she could have let me known that she was returning.

I check the time on my phone once again and find it displaying 9:32 pm on the screen. I don't know why, but I have been having a weird feeling since evening. It might be because I have grown so fond of her, that the mere thought of spending some time away from her makes me feel uneasy.