033: secret

I start to stir awake when the sunlight streams through the curtains, casting a golden glow into the room. I feel the weight of an arm draped over my waist and I realise that I'm still in Theo's room. I stifle a yawn and very carefully stretch my arms in his hold so as to not wake him up in the process.

"Stop wiggling your butt against me like that." Theo groans from behind me.

His warm breath hits the back of my neck and I immediately still. His voice sounds even deeper in the morning and it is actually hotter than usual.

I close my eyes and feel him lean closer, dropping a single kiss on my shoulder. The arm wrapped around my waist pulls me even closer to him.

I can't tell if Theo fell asleep again because he went completely silent. I didn't bring in my phone last night, so I am not sure what time it is. It could be somewhere around six. My alarm will go off in about an hour so I have to leave before that.

I turn around after a while to face him. His eyes are closed and his breathing is deep and even, chest rising and falling with each breath. His t-shirt got discarded last night before we went to bed and he is only wearing his dark sweatpants. He sleeps without a shirt every night.

I raise my arm and brush his hair out of his forehead. A smile tugs at my lips when I look at his sleeping face. He looks so peaceful like this. And adorable.

I almost never get to see him waking up next to me, or hear his morning voice, since Theo leaves my room every morning before I even wake up. He's been having to wake up early every day because of me. And I am worried that he might not be getting enough rest.

I trace a finger over his cheekbone, delicately dragging it down to his jaw. His lips curve into a small smile but his eyes remain closed. I knit my eyebrows at him in confusion but, of course, he doesn't notice. He is so pretty that I could admire him all day.

'Shit. I feel like some creep watching him sleep.'

What he said last night about me falling in love with him, almost gave me a heart attack right then and there. I thought he found out about my feelings and that I have been caught. But then I realised he was just teasing... like he always does.

And I need to be more careful with my words and actions. I can't let Theo know about how I truly feel for him. Because what if he doesn't see me that way? What if doesn't like me like that? I wouldn't want him to distance himself from me, thinking I have some stupid crush on him. Nothing more than a mere infatuation.

Even though what I feel for him is so much more than simply liking someone. I am in deep. Each day falling more and more for him. He is the first guy I fell in love with. And I can only pray that he doesn't turn out to be my first heartbreak, too.

I swallow the rock-sized lump in my throat and rub my eyes with the heel of my palms. Leave it to my stupid brain to ruin my day before it even starts. Now this peaceful morning will soon turn into one filled with overwhelming thoughts for the rest of the day.

I try to change the direction of my thoughts and think back to last night.

I still can't believe what happened last night was all real and not just a dream. I'm half tempted to pinch myself to make sure I'm not in a dream. Looking down at my chest, I find a few purple and red marks. And I'm guessing my neck isn't any better thanks to a certain someone.

I am so glad my half-baked plan to seduce Theo worked out in the end. I was worried for a second that he wouldn't want to take things far, resisting despite himself. And I don't exactly know how to work him up. So it's really a wonder that neck kisses turned out to be his weakness, too.