6. No appetite

Did I try to run?

Did I try to run?

Yes. Three times. Once from the house door, second from the window, third from the bathroom window.

.

Did I succeed?

No. First, guard caught me on the house door. Second, Light picked me up when I fell down from the window. Third, the old maid Martha helped me out when I stuck into the bathroom window.

.

I couldn't run away. I shouted, I warned and I even made a scene on dinning table by breaking the beautiful dish but nothing worked. Grasso didn't let me go out of their house.

I trusted Light to take my side but he is another Grasso in this house. The cruelty run in his blood. He told me to listen to Dark because according to him, his big brother is never wrong about the darkness of the world. Of course I should have known that Light is always going to side with his dear brother even if the world is going against him. Dark is like the father to him.

.

"Moon?" Light's voice broke my stare zeroed on the clean clothes placed on the bed. He was outside the room while I was standing in front of the bed. A white towel wrapped around my freshly bathed body and another towel hold my wet hair inside. I took the must needed hot shower to reduce the stress I've been taking for two nights.

It's been two nights in this luxurious room, shouting and crying and breaking everything that is around to find an escape. They did not lock me in the room but technically imprisoned me in their house. I'm allowed to go everywhere in the house except outside.

"Yes?" I answered to Light with calm tone because, because I have cried two night straight and it didn't work. I know it won't work on people with no hearts. I can't run away from this house unless they want me to do so.

.

You're free to go now that I'm shot. The doors are open and I won't be able to chase you.

I had one chance to escape this house and I lost it. I should have run away when Dark told me to do so. I should have just let him bleed and save myself instead.

I don't fear Dark but that night, those dark brown eyes held me. I could have easily escaped that door but my feet froze on the spot. They refused to move even though my mind was screaming to run.

I couldn't run away. Not two days ago and not two years ago. I just couldn't.

I don't know why but, I always stay.

.

"What is it, Light?" I said while picking up the clean clothes. Those weren't my clothes but looks like Grasso knows how to be hospitable to their guests. They even offered me my usual soap, shampoo and everything else that is necessary for me.