8. Thirty freaking years

Faustian bargain

Faustian bargain. Yes it was Faustian bargain. It may benefit both me and Miss Diaz, it'll also cost us something in return.

I've told miss Diaz to mind her own business. I don't have any time for watching over some sixteen year old girl my little brother found in the back water jungle. She could be a spy, she could be a killer and she could be here as the ears of my enemies.

People can't be trusted. In my business, not even children. But who could tell Miss Diaz to mind her own business? Orphan state, tragic story and a request is all it took to melt Miss Diaz.

She can't look at the world with my eyes. I see a person to find a darkness inside. She sees a person to find a kindness inside. We're not the same. We're different, our minds are different, our opinions about the world are different. She saw a hopeless, orphan teenager. I saw a spy dressed in innocent orphan teenager. We can never think alike.

I can still understand Miss Diaz but Grey? He brought a girl home even though he know I don't allow people inside our house unless they're our guards or maids. I select my staff and maid with three stages of background check, I don't let random people walk inside my house but,

Grey brought a girl home anyway. He has never done such a thing. Never in his twenty two years of life. He has never broken a rule after Mama, Papa and our sister passed away. Rather, he has never crossed a single word I said since I became a father figure for my brothers. Both of them have not denied orders given by me, though Light always give his opinions if he finds something wrong but Grey, he would shoot a gun in his head if I order. That's how loyal he is to me.

But today,

He-

.

"I'm not coming to your office." Miss Diaz's voice echoed in the room when she dashed inside my room. Her face again stubborn. I have told her to come to my office with me and I guess she is not really happy about it.

"I need a company and we had a deal." I tightened my tie around my neck and looked at her from the huge rectangular mirror in my room. "Get ready in ten minutes, I'll be waiting for you downstairs."

"Did you not hear me?" She took a step further, raising her sweet voice. "I am not coming to your office."

"I wasn't asking." I ignored her and picked up my cuff links. Her pale face turned red with fury as she dashed behind me and pulled on my shoulder to look at my face.

"Dark, why the hell are you taking me to your office?!" She almost shouted but her eyes soften when she looked at me. "There must be many people who'd inform my Papa about my presence. You cannot ruin my chances to leave the country."

"Valentino Diaz has the nose of a bloodhound. Do you really think he doesn't know where you are now?" I crooked my brow, reaching my hand to her blondes and touch it.