24. A family dinner

This woman

This woman.

I am starting to fear this woman. I am beginning to fear for my life. I am starting to fear she'll ruin my body, head, and soul if it exists.

Miss Diaz. You're writing my death with your own hands. You've no idea what the world will do with me if I ever decide to be weak. And you, Miss Diaz, will be the reason for my weakness.

Miss Diaz, you will be my death.

.

"Miss Berenguer, we're delighted to have you in our house." Light offered his hand to Lilith, being the gentleman he is. "I must say, you look exquisite."

"Thank you for the buttering, Mr. Grasso." Lilith refused to take Light's hand and handed him her purse while entering. "And yes, I always look exquisite." Light smiled, following Lilith with her purse.

"Welcome to Grasso's house," I said as soon as Lilith's eyes fell on me and Miss Diaz. Her pearl-colored dress shined under the yellow lights, a satin dress that flared around her long legs, the elegant cleavage exposed her golden brown skin and those red lips ready to talk confidently.

"I have to say, Dark, your house is beautiful." Lilith explored the house with her big whisky eyes. Her long brown hair fell on her shoulders in a cascade. I nod, walking to her as she stood in the middle of the house.

"Only because I kept it people-free." I claimed and it's true. Our house is only beautiful because I don't expose it to the world. Places are always beautiful, people ruin them. "Except my brothers, I trust no one with my house."

"I wonder how and why Miss Diaz is staying at your people-free house?" Lilith cocked her brow, doubting my intentions of keeping Miss Diaz in our house. "Is she not people?" No. Miss Diaz is not people to me.

"That's why you're here, Miss Berenguer." Light walked into our conversation while Miss Diaz stood on her spot, glaring at Lilith and me. "To know the answer of your every question."

"Oh, so this is bribe dinner after all." Lilith glimpsed at me and then at Miss Diaz with sarcastic smile. "And here I thought my dear friend wanted to spend some time with me."

"Can't tell about your dear friend, but, I quiet enjoyed your company, Miss Berenguer." Light's velvety voice made Lilith roll her eyes but she smiled anyway.

"Does your brother flirts with everyone, Dark?" Lilith asked me instead of Light and I have to say I'm uninterested. I don't give a damn of what Light do as long as he doesn't put his life in danger.

"In the new world, chivalry is taken as a flirting." Light nod his head in disappointment. His off-white satin coat waved as he walked forward. Peter pan collar, vintage sleeves yet touch of elegance. No wonder Light's clothes are customized and expensive than any one of us.

"Chivalry is seen in action, Mr. Grasso. Not in words." Lilith answered, walking behind Light when he led us to the dining room. "Also, I don't need a chivalry since I can be a better man than most of you all."