26. Whisky and Soft drink

Dark is a good brother

Dark is a good brother. He always was.

Protective, possessive and responsible. Even with all of his bad habits, anger issues and apathy... he is what his brothers needed and need the most.

Perhaps,

He is cruel in order to protect his family. The business he run is not another flower shop. It has risks and danger and threats, maybe he needed to be who he is to shield his only family left.

Maybe.

.

"Do you not know how to dance, Miss Berenguer?" Light asked, placing Lilith's hand on his broad shoulder when she just stood in front of him. Light has good three to four inches above us but Lilith's white heels almost matched their height. Not just height but their outfits also accidentally matched. White silks.

"I didn't have time to learn unnecessary things." Lilith answered gawking into Light's eyes and he smiled. "Especially dancing."

"May I hold your waist?" Light held Lilith's free hand and waited for her approval. Her long hair waved with the sudden breeze of wind when Light pulled her closer.

"Only if it's necessary for the dancing." Lilith nod, the warning flicked in her eyes when Light slide his palm on Lilith's waist. Light glimpsed at another staff standing at the door and gestured him to play some music.

The dining room filled with beautiful melody and the scent of wine. My stomach felt full of steak and warmth. Grey sat on his chair quietly, looking at Purple while she tried to finish her ravioli.

On the other hand, Dark has opened the bottle of his fine whisky. He looks uninterested in the dancing but his fingers tapping on the whisky glass with slow music. And me, well, I'm having my red wine beside Dark with all silence.

"When is the last time you had dinner with everyone like this?" I asked, placing the wine glass on the table and relaxed on the chair.

"This must be the first time our dinning room has ever heard the music." Dark glimpsed at Light and Lilith. Light enjoying swaying Lilith in his arms while Lilith trying her best to dance. "None of us have time for to sit and enjoy."

"You're enjoying now, aren't you?" I chuckled, and Dark's eyes stabled on me. His coat gone, sleeves rolled and face all relaxed. Whisky meddling in his glass, bottle half empty.

"It's merely a business dinner for me." Dark and his cover of hard rocks. "I threw this dinner for a negotiation with Lilith, remember?" He meddled his whisky smoothly and sipped on it leisurely.

"The supposed business meeting has ended an hour ago," I raised my brow, trying to make him smile. "And yet, you're not off to bed." I'm known to Dark's schedule. He doesn't waste him time on conversations or anything beside his work. Though, he is way too fond of sex but he doesn't ruin his schedule for it.