Testimony #19

In a world full of

"I deserve this"

"Ako lang 'to"

"Pinaghirapan ko 'to",

May we remind ourselves that apart from God, we can do nothing.

I always thought being a consistent achiever was something to brag about myself. I always thought I got these achievements because I was good, or even better than anyone. I lived my whole life believing that I could always learn things easily because I was "intelligent". (That's why I was always competitive.) But here's the truth... wisdom and knowledge come from God. Period.

As I journeyed towards the meaning of my whole existence, I came to realize that there was nothing special in me. I only became special because Jesus died for me. His love made me special. And these achievements? I worked hard for years but only to taste its sweetness for a minute, or even for seconds. And then my pride kicked in, "I got this because I worked hard for this. I deserve this! I am better than anyone!"

Even if I work hard to be the best of best but if God won't bless me, nothing's gonna change. But even if I do nothing, blessings will come and what God has for me will always come in the right time—not because I deserve it but because He loves me. It's His heart that makes me precious in His sight.

Now I learn to give the honor and praises to God because He deserves it. Nothing will I credit to myself no matter how hard I went through just to get that; for it is the grace of God why I endured all the testings before I arrived at certain moment of my life. To Him be the glory always and forever!💖