CHAPTER 31: APPOINTMENT

Vianca's POV

"You're looking extra beautiful today, mommy." My daughter complimented as she stood behind me.

I am currently sitting infront of a mirror. Tapos na akong mag-ayos pero hindi ko maiwan ang salamin. I've been checking my face for almost ten minutes now.

"Thank you, baby." I smiled sweetly at her. "I'll be meeting your mom today that's why I need to look presentable." Sagot ko habang nakatingin parin sa kanya mula sa salamin.

"Ow!" Her mouth formed an 'o'. "Does that mean I'll be meeting her soon?" Excited niyang tanong.

"I hope so, sweetie." I assured my little girl.

"I can't wait to meet her!" Masigla niyang saad.

"You behave here, okay? I'll just talk to her then I'll be back immediately." Bilin ko. I checked myself on the mirror for the last time. I think I'm ready to go.

"Sure, mommy." Sagot ng anak ko.

I spread my arms and Hyacinth immediately embraced me. I kissed her forehead and hugged her back. I'm really hoping for Clio and her wife's approval. I can't afford to disappoint my daughter.

Sabay kaming lumabas ng kwarto ni Hyacinth. Sakto naman ang paglabas din ni Vera. She's wearing her corporate outfit.

"Hindi raw mag-aayos?" Nang-aasar niyang wika. I refrain myself from rolling my eyes heavenwards because my kid is here.

"Gusto kong maging presentable. Pwede?" I banters.

Magkakasabay kaming bumaba ng hagdan.

"Sus." Mukhang hindi pa siya naniniwala.

I just ignored her.

Hyacinth and I are swinging our holding hands while walking towards the garage. I glanced at her, she sweetly smiled at me.

"Goodluck, ate! Call me if you need back-up!" Vera shouted before she drove off. I rolled my eyes.

"Why would you need a back-up, mommy? Is she a bad person?" Nag-aalalang tanong ni Hyacinth. I sighed. Gosh, Vera.

Yumuko ako at hinaplos ang pisngi ng anak. "No, hun. Your mother is very kind. Aunt Vera was just joking." I assured my baby.

"But if you really need a back-up, mommy. Just call me, okay?" Pakiusap niya.

She's looking so adorable right now. Only if I could bring her now, I would. Hindi ko lang gustong mabigla si Clio. She needs time to process the information I'm about to tell her.

"Yes, baby. Mommy will call you if she needs back-up." I caressed her cheeks and planted a kiss on her forehead.

Hyacinth waited until I enter the car and left. She waved her hand with a smile on her cute face. I waved my hand too. She blew a flying kiss.

"I love you, mommy!" She shouted.

"Mommy loves you too!" I shouted back.

I needed that to have more courage.

While driving, I repeated the words I want to tell Clio. I've been looking for the right words how to tell her the truth but until now, hindi ko parin alam kung paano.

Do I need to be calm, and slow? Do I need to be straightforward? What would be her reaction aside from being shocked? Magagalit? Maiinis? Madi-disappoint? Will she acknowledge Hyacinth as her child? Or would she believe me? Paano kung manghingi siya ng DNA test? That's not a problem to me dahil sigurado ako, pero natatakot ako sa iisipin ni Hyacinth.