Luke Alvez- Reunite: Part 2 (c)

You spent the following few hours intermittently discussing Reid's case and catching up or getting to know the team. Luckily no one asked any questions about the brief exchange you had with Luke, even though JJ and Emily gave you bemused looks anytime they noticed you staring at their colleague. Time became lost to you and finally you had to say your goodbyes and head out of the office to try and get some work done.

You headed towards the lifts but hearing your name made you turn back. Luke caught up with you, a boyish smile upon his face.

"I've missed you," he smiled. "I'm sorry we lost contact."

"You don't need to be sorry Luke; we both had a lot going on. We both ended up in the academy and I finished law school, time just got the better of us both."

He didn't say anything for a moment, instead just taking in what he saw in the woman he had once known so well but had changed over their years apart.

"What did JJ mean by 'That superior'?" He questioned.

Your cheeks felt aflame. "Oh... nothing... you know just girl talk from years gone by."

He raised an eyebrow. "You told her about us?"

"Not fully. We were talking about exes and how could I not mention how much you taught me in my training... and elsewhere."

Luke playfully shook his head. "Were there other people you spoke about? Or... anyone else you could talk about now?"

You couldn't help but laugh at how he tried to skirt around the question.

"Are you asking me if I am single?" You chuckled.

"Maybe," he shrugged.

"I am," you stated. "And I guess from your query, so are you?"

He avoided your gaze. "Just me and Roxy, she's a Belgian shepherd; you'd love her. Maybe you could come by some time and we could get dinner?"

It felt as though your heart would pound out of your chest. You had always had feelings for Luke and just through circumstance of your previous meeting, it didn't last. There was passion a plenty but you wanted to go back to civilian life and he didn't, and there just wasn't the time nor place to discuss that there was something past just the physical attraction. Things didn't work out that time but maybe now you were both part of the same world, both in busy, demanding jobs but both there, it could be a different story.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" You asked.

"And if I were?"

"On two conditions. We can have dinner, but only once Reid is out of prison, I can't have distractions and from what I remember, you're very distracting," you said, poking a finger into his chest. "And the second condition is that you don't cook."

He couldn't help the chuckle that escaped him. "I think that's fair."

~*~

Written by Charlotte