Derek Morgan- Surprised (h)

Being new to anything wasn't fun – but being new in a workplace, that was just daunting.

You had been with the BAU for over a month, however you were still the new one and at times it did feel strange to even be there let alone working on cases.

When you first started, Hotch got Derek to train you a bit, to see what you were capable of.

At the very least, he was surprised.

He had told you multiple times that he never expected for you to have the abilities that you did.

Your stamina was impeccable, your sense of direction meant you could run without needing to stop and with Derek already being known as the fastest one on the team, it was a surprise to him.

The case you and the team were working was in Manhattan, it was an interesting place to be but not on very nice circumstances.

You were chasing an unsub up a flight of stairs, leading out onto the roof with Hotch, Derek and Spencer behind you.

The door onto the roof crashed open from the unsub, you following him quickly as you ran after him.

The unsub was jumping over gaps in buildings, so you followed suit by jumping over them also.

You saw a chance to jump up on an air conditioning unit, so that you could tackle the unsub to the ground which resulted in you handcuffing him as you listed off his rights.

The others didn't manage to catch up with you, not taking the chance of jumping over the gaps in the buildings which you understood.

When you got the unsub back down to the street, your team was waiting for you.

Derek looked proud, Spencer seemed impressed and Hotch just looked confused.

"Y/N! You...you jumped over buildings and ran faster than Morgan! How?" Spencer rambled away.

You laughed, handing the unsub over to one of the police officers that had surrounded you.

The four of you made your way back to the car you had arrived in "Surprised guys?" you questioned as you got in the back of the car.

Hotch laughed, getting in at the driver's side, "Morgan never even spoke a word about you being that talented."

Derek smirked from his seat next to you "I had no reason to. Figured she'd surprise you sooner or later," he commented.

Spencer turned around to face the two of you from the passenger seat "How can you run like that?"

"I used to be a free runner, it was more of a hobby really – the training was basically how to keep your stamina up, learning to just jump for it and regret it later kind of thing," you explained to him.

Derek had a smirk on his face "Looks like we've got ourselves our own little road runner."

~*~

Written by Hannah.